300 RR MY22 low compression insert

femi

20240212_171545.thumb.jpg.b88092151dac163a9dfcc683d276a838.jpgHi there,

did anyone successfully installed an S3 low compression insert on a 300 RR MY22, the yellow one?

I tried today but the gas tank is not fitting anymore. The sparkplug is way to close because they say to use a BPR5ES. And you will need one with a long thread.

See pictures.. just tried it out before installing by putting the insert and spark plug at the spot.

Any idea?

The only way I see is to turn down the thread of the insert to fit the very short genuine spark plug.

https://www.s3parts.com/en/cylinder-head/357-cylinder-head-trrs

That's all S3 provides and you can see by comparing the pictures that one stands out.

Best regards Felix

20240212_171349.thumb.jpg.1bdd80d55510d203e170c2fc65364a7a.jpg

57 minutes ago, femi said:

The only way I see is to turn down the thread of the insert to fit the very short genuine spark plug.

If you turn down the insert, will the "cover" still fit?

It's pretty confusing.. Meanwhile I received a picture from the dealer that S3 sent to them. It shows a high comp. insert with long thread (that obviously worked with stock bike). On their website they only show the low comp. insert with long thread. On that page the high comp. insert has short thread. 🤯

So as splatshop says it's a surprise. But unfortunately the long thread and spark plug don't fit my stock bike.

I ordered a bunch of spark plug connectors.. maybe one of them is tiny enough to fit. I'll keep you posted, if anyone has the same issue in future.

A wild one, but Is your engine in straight? Youve got the front down tubes out, is your engine resting on something that is canting it backwards a little? I doubt theres that much play in the other 2 engine mounts (i assume theres two others on a trs). Your head steady is still on too proabably, but clutching at straws here

Not sure about ngk, but ive seen other makes with the standard 3/4 reach but with a shorter insulator section. If the dealer isnt wanting to swap it out for th eother length, i think the easiest may be just to get it machined down to fit the short reach plug

Edited by faussy

I can't imagine the engine is turned towards the gas tank so much only by just taking away the both front down brackets.

But it's a fact I'll check later.. will just put one bracket in to see if it gets anywhere.

Thanks a lot for the idea!! 🙋‍♂️

Fixed it. 🎉

There is a tiny spark plug connector from Beru O4S. There is good clearance with this one.

NGK LZFH - is working as well, the one for M4 thread terminal.

LZEH with SAE terminal is a little bit higher and does not work as good as LZFH.

20240218_100114.jpg

Edited by femi
  • Like 2