Reeds

kingfisher

Can anyone help i am going to but a set of Boyesen Reeds in; but have looked up the Boyesen Web site and no Sherco listed, i was told by a mate that the reeds that fit a KTM65 will fit is this true, or can anyone tell me what the part number for Sherco one's

• 3 weeks later...

It smoothes the power a bit by lowering the pressure in your wallet! :rolleyes:

They are very gentle (on the wallet) off the bottom and still have a good bit of hit in the mid while sharpening up the top end!(which I seldom use!)

Edited by copemech

It seems carbon reeds are a bit stiffer than fiberglass like the Boyesens, much as the factory reeds. This makes them a bit more "rippy" off the bottom, and may be touted as increasing low end power.

As everything is a trade off in two stroke tuning, the ones like the Boyesens which are capable of giving more on top, actually seem to have a bit of the opposite effect on the lower revs which gives a smoothing effect, at least up to a point! Seems quite a few have come to appreciate this when trying to tame a 2.9 for the average clubman.

I ran them in my "05 2.5 as well and it was really sweet! The hot setup!

:rolleyes:

Thanks hrc1,

You've just highlighted something I been overlooking :rolleyes:

Best of balance.

Neo

hi, been lurking for a while, has anyone tried the "pro series" boyesen reed, the part number is #pro112 which is the equivilant to the power reed #665. It a bit more money...

I copied below the comparison from the boyesen web page:

Q: What advantage do Pro Series Reeds

have over Power Reeds?

A: Pro Series dual-stage reeds combine a carbon-fiber top reed with a fiberglass bottom reed for unrivaled performance. The Pro Series Reeds are more responsive than our traditional Power Reeds. The carbon-fiber top reed has excellent response characteristics that provide even quicker acceleration, stronger throttle response, and more over-rev than our standard Power Reeds. The fiberglass bottom reed provides stability and longer reed life.

PERFORMANCE

Pro Series Reeds are designed with the racer and avid enthusiast in mind. They offer you the latest in carbon reed technology with all the advantages of Boyesen