4rt Won't Start.

cota kid

After a few attempts at getting up a snotty climb, having my bike on its side more often that not it decided to die on me. No attempt at kicking it off would start it. Took the plug out no spark, tried a new plug no spark. After a while a realised the throttle seemed to have far too much play on it.

Tomorrow night I'm going to have a look at the throttle body and where the throttle cable fits, but thought first I'd see if anyone anyone could point me in the right direction.

The bikes a Repsol.

Thanks

CK

I know it may be obvious but you havent bashed the ignition coil of a rock or suumit when you dropped the bike have you?? (mounted the the left frame near rad)

or maye dislodged an electrical cable!

Let us know when you find it!!

After a few attempts at getting up a snotty climb, having my bike on its side more often that not it decided to die on me. No attempt at kicking it off would start it. Took the plug out no spark, tried a new plug no spark. After a while a realised the throttle seemed to have far too much play on it.

It probably died of embarrassment after having you in your Dougie one-piece on it. :angry:

It probably died of embarrassment after having you in your Dougie one-piece on it. :angry:

what are you on about I look well smart in it. I'm even going to have a little cape sewn on the back.

At least I can go to bed and sleep in the knowledge that the money spent on the one piece meant some small child in Swaledale gets to wear a pair of shoes for school this Winter.

Any way who kept telling me what a bargain it was!!!!!!!

At least I can go to bed and sleep in the knowledge that the money spent on the one piece meant some small child in Swaledale gets to wear a pair of shoes for school this Winter.

And I'm sure Perce's lad will be grateful :D

Any way who kept telling me what a bargain it was!!!!!!!

The same guy you were bidding against behind his back. **** :angry:

It probably died of embarrassment after having you in your Dougie one-piece on it. :D

At least I can go to bed and sleep in the knowledge that the money spent on the one piece

:angry:

If I don't eat another thing between now and Easter 2007, I reckon I will still have to lie down to squeeze into it.

Oh and Kinell thanks for your assistance in trying to get my knackered bike working....

Edited by Cota Kid

That video isn't working yet! How long does it normally take for YouTube to 'process' the uploaded vids? You'll like it when it does start working though :angry:

***EDIT***

It's working now :D

Edited by Kinell

This may sound totally rediculous to you 4RT owners, but in the situation described above I found that on the 4RT I had, it would start pretty well if you open and close the throttle fully two or three times before trying to kick it over. Try it - you might be surprised.

:angry: