Beta 4-stroke

kinell

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there must be riders who don't go on TC buying....maybe another 20...in the uk i think we have about one hundred and fifty thousand trials riders and TC has sub three thousand worldwide!...and we've only had twenty thousand hits on this thread.

150,000 trials riders divide that by 10 surely then some!

The TMX review seems very favourable Kinell. :D

Anyone buying should not be disappointed I know buying a bike blind (not ridden) you do question yourself have made the right decision. The video footage shows the bike to be first class, the TMX review is thumps up and the bike is packaged in a tried and tested chassis. :D

Next year, or maybe 2009 I would have thought the bike will go EFI and we'll see not only a 250cc but a 125cc and 400cc standard. Perhaps with the 125cc, those in authority will allow a slight bigger engine for our youth's, should they need more to match the very competitive 125cc 2t.

If i had the money i buy one. :D

Edited by spud

:D wow Betas` website has finally got the 4t on it!

States possibilty of 6th gear in the future

Defo 400cc EFI and 6TH gear future plan straight off the Beta site :D

Still not so sure of their advert for a high center of gravity surely this is backwards?

Edited by barrybaines

Electric start sounds like a good idea. (Joke) Perhaps that's all the Sherco 4t needs?

I think I'll wait to see what the '08 Rev4 is like before making up my mind. A years customer approval (development) is better than all the magazine tests you could ever read.

Electric start sounds like a good idea. (Joke) Perhaps that's all the Sherco 4t needs?

I think I'll wait to see what the '08 Rev4 is like before making up my mind. A years customer approval (development) is better than all the magazine tests you could ever read.

Very true and I think Gasser have held too last minute Sherco went a bit early Beta have been lucky with the idea soo far ( only time can tell) and as far as I can tell 08 is the end of 2t`s must admit if the Beta 4T was in new developed frame it`d of been even better but as is you can`t argue unless your an avid Gasser rider no?

So Sherco tried early had tooo many early probs that really wouldn`t of taken long too solve (patience) the mont has Hondas` blessing the Scorpa is about but doesn`t seem a lot of fuss about it? that exhaust is begging for a drink too me! so aparrt from gasgas we knowe they are about in my opinion the Beta is the best loooking and has a lot going for iit with the sound and that but it`ll only push the rest so come on september

.... must admit if the Beta 4T was in new developed frame it`d of been even better but as is you can`t argue unless your an avid Gasser rider no?

But the 07Beta frame, while having the same style, is quite different from the 06 frame. Right?, slim and trim?

The 4rt came out as a completely new frame.

Which looks more sleek and developed the 4rt or the Rev 4.

The pancake tanks on the works 4rt looks great, but the stock tank tends to look like a after thought.

For necessity agreed. Got to put the gas somewhere.

Nothing wrong with keeping the same look or brand identity, if it works and looks good, as Sherco and Beta did.

Edited by sideup

Barry,

Agreed that Rev frame look has been around for some time. The 07 main frame tubes have be chopped by about 3/4 inch. Look closely and you can see the weld (ground flush) where it appears they cut the original extrusion and welded to make the tube a smaller diameter near the back.

I guess I looked at the 07 like a Porcshe 911, changed but still keeping the same look.

My first thought when I saw the Rev4 was "no way, how did they keep the gas tank in the frame and still fit that 4st engine in there." "I thought that engine must be small." (it does appear the front of the skid plate might be lowered some). Keeping the gas tank in the frame seemed to be un-doable, but they did it.

Besides the look of the frame, there must be an advantage in stiffness & stability using that aluminum mono-beam frame tube.

Jack

I know mr saunders is good in the mud.

he droped 10 on the 4 bang beta,the next best expert was on 76,

now that is still impresive.no mater what bike/ rider/conditions/luck,or whatever doupters think

fourstrokes are here to stay(till the electric trialers come along)