Scooby

bikespace

I know a few of you boy racers have got scooby's on here, so thought I'd try and trawl your collective knowledge banks. :D

If for instance a middle aged mate of mine were to come across a mid life crisis some time soon, and go out to buy a parallel import Scooby WRX would you have any guidance. Any disadvantages to these parallel imports.

My middle aged mate tells me they are imported from Cyprus and sold by a fairly large dealership somewhere near me (who also provide service and backup). The three year warranty is apparently fully valid in UK.

The trade in price after a couple of years seems to close in very quickly on the genuine UK vehicles.

Any info for my poor old balding mate, who obviously isn't me :(

Mine is an import (Malta). You have major hassles getting hold of the service book and you have to register the car with Subaru UK in order to get the warranty. The only differences between the imports and the UK spec are the imports don't come with an alarm which you'll absolutely need for insurance (CAT-1), don't come with locking wheelnuts (Big wows, mine cost me about

Mine is an import. You have major hassles getting hold of the service book and you have to register the car with Subaru UK in order to get the warranty. The only differences between the imports and the UK spec are the imports don't come with an alarm which you'll absolutely need for insurance (CAT-1), don't come with locking wheelnuts (Big wows, mine cost me about

I had a brand new 2003 WRX for about 18 months,thought it was great, had a real good tome in it , then thought i would px it for a brand new 2005 STI prodrive (305 BHP), got a really good price on the px, then sorry to say i fell in love and never really used the STI, had it six months and i did only 1500 miles in it . So i thought it was stupid of me to have that sort of money on the drive way doing nothing and losing even more money. so i sold it only got just over 20k for it, it cost 27k, i put it down to the new model. sorry but i do not like it at all, especially as i think it is the main reason why i think my car lost so much money!!! Porsche next time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a brand new 2003 WRX for about 18 months,thought it was great, had a real good tome in it , then thought i would px it for a brand new 2005 STI prodrive (305 BHP), got a really good price on the px, then sorry to say i fell in love and never really used the STI, had it six months and i did only 1500 miles in it . So i thought it was stupid of me to have that sort of money on the drive way doing nothing and losing even more money. so i sold it only got just over 20k for it, it cost 27k, i put it down to the new model. sorry but i do not like it at all, especially as i think it is the main reason why i think my car lost so much money!!! Porsche next time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxster 3.2S?

Reckon I probably earned that from Kinell :D

Cheers all - good to get the real info (for my "mate") ;)

I like the look of the new model. Understated for what's under the bonnet, and with the 2.5l engine - should be nippy. Only seen the black and the grey in the flesh - prefer the grey so far - got to see the blue, but I reckon I'll (errrrr my mate) will settle for the grey.

Be a while yet - in fact well in to next year, but good to look early. Struggling to wait a bit. :(

I like the look of the new model. Understated for what's under the bonnet, and with the 2.5l engine - should be nippy. Only seen the black and the grey in the flesh - prefer the grey so far - got to see the blue, but I reckon I'll (errrrr my mate) will settle for the grey.

The 2L is nippy - trust me :( The 06 model took a while to grow on me, but I like it now though it will...erm....would have to be in black. :D