Dinged Frame

toofasttim

First trial out on my brand new Raga and it falls off the stand (really) and dings the frame. Not badly but enough to really irritate me.

So AFAIK these are the options:

1) Bodge it, fill in ding with araldite and cover with sticker.

2) grind off chrome, fill with brazing and re-spray black (as per 07 Raga?).

3) grind off chrome, fill with brazing rechrome frame ($$$$).

4) drill hole opposite, knock out ding, fill hole. Maybe re-chrome/respray if required.

Any options I might have missed or suggestions?

First trial out on my brand new Raga and it falls off the stand (really) and dings the frame. Not badly but enough to really irritate me.

4) drill hole opposite, knock out ding, fill hole. Maybe re-chrome/respray if required.

OH NO!!!!

I'd go for number 4

Leave it, it is part of the bikes history now. Gives it a bit of rustic charm. Think of the bull you can tell at trials when folk ask about it, never tell the same story twice. :lol:

I like the idea kind of work it to your advange , how about a story: "I hit this 9 foot rock step flat full-on but the rear wheel was off line and slid just as a crested the step which made me lay the bike on its side, it was a lucky save" :D ...one for the grand kids maybe :lol:

It's a trials bike, not a show piece! Surely you bought it to ride and not to look good - otherwise you would have bought a Beta!

Just stick a sticker on and use it for what it was made for.

I know :lol: I'll put a Beta sticker on it. It'll make it look really sh&tty and no-one will notice the ding :D

Have a great little bike that has never fell off its stand in 30 years and 7 months,and definitly no dinges :D

May be interested in a swop..... :lol:

post-775-1164766002.jpg

Your lucky you don't have a big metal petrol tank you'd be filling and spraying after every trial.

One of many to come i expect.

you think your peed,up at the farm where i store my classic jag,well it's stored in a barn there,the farmer missed the bird he was trying to shoot down with his 12 bore and hit the side of the barn instead,need i say more the shot went straight through the barn and hit the jag,it look's like a bl??dy pepper pot now.

Edited by bilco

a young girl at my place of work has a large dent in the tank of her kwaker 1000 streetfighter

she hit a car that was doinig a u turn in a dip in the road,she hit the tank so hard with her flange it dented

she is a god now! every time i see the bike it makes my eyes water.

she may have dropped it of the side stand for all i know,,,