A Couple Of Trials Bike Design Ideas

sectionone

Yer I don't suppose you were! Mydad doesn't want me to do anything to it if I get a scooter! Mr. legal!lol When he is away for the night though I will step cutter the exaust washer out of it. Cut the tube of the silencer that resricts it also and fit a larger carb! Then maybe fit a racing auto clutch to it for that ultra fast getaway!lol May have to get an illegal spanny for it though and just say it makes it sound good but still is legal!lol 75 out of a 50! That is manic. My mate at trials has a bike that is tuned to the sky. He said he has had 30 in first and it has 6 gears! If you still had it I would buy it off you! Sounds mental!

Cheers

sean

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer I don't suppose you were! Mydad doesn't want me to do anything to it if I get a scooter! Mr. legal!lol When he is away for the night though I will step cutter the exaust washer out of it. Cut the tube of the silencer that resricts it also and fit a larger carb! Then maybe fit a racing auto clutch to it for that ultra fast getaway!lol May have to get an illegal spanny for it though and just say it makes it sound good but still is legal!lol 75 out of a 50! That is manic. My mate at trials has a bike that is tuned to the sky. He said he has had 30 in first and it has 6 gears! If you still had it I would buy it off you! Sounds mental!

Cheers

sean

lol,,it was mental mate,all the girls wanted to get on the back aswell that was the best part.

it used to pop a few piston's now and again but it was well worth the agro.i had the trial's tyre's on it looked ok.

sorry sean sold it along time ago.

what scooter are you looking to but.

100mph out of a 50! That does too crazy, plus the seizing bit may have some drawbacks! Would love a go though! Thinking of a peugeot speedfight water cooled and carburated! Loads of tuning parts available just have to do it on the sly from my old man! "That sounds a bit fruity Sean." "Oh no dad its completely standard" lol. Want to be able to pop a wheelie going up the school drive on the way home. You know show off a bit!lol Should be able to completely do the other kids aswell! lol

You may not have experience with the speedfights but what do you think of them?

Cheers

sean

If you want kill yourself speed from a 50, look on ebay or any other bike place for a kriedler florette?

I read somewhere the it would do at least 100mph but would regularly sieze :guinness:

what one is it the rs model,,they got them on cybermotorcycle.com.

they look pretty funky.

100mph out of a 50! That does too crazy, plus the seizing bit may have some drawbacks! Would love a go though! Thinking of a peugeot speedfight water cooled and carburated! Loads of tuning parts available just have to do it on the sly from my old man! "That sounds a bit fruity Sean." "Oh no dad its completely standard" lol. Want to be able to pop a wheelie going up the school drive on the way home. You know show off a bit!lol Should be able to completely do the other kids aswell! lol

You may not have experience with the speedfights but what do you think of them?

Cheers

sean

i've seen them about they look pretty cool.did'nt know they was watercooled though how thing's have moved on with 50 engine's.

the puch maxi's were about in my day,have they become rare now.

i was offered a yamaha rd80lc once wish i brought it now there pretty rare.

Hey my old 1976 TY50p used to be good for 60mph and its partner in crime a FS1E used to get to 70!! mind you spedos well less acurate in those days.

I like the tyre hugging rear fender the main problem is where do you sit between sections (ouch!!)

We can't get crap for small bikes in the states. It's OK for a jet to burn 10,000 pounds of fuel on take off but a two stroke DT50???? Thats irresponsible!!!!
Thats irresponsible
Did someone call. :guinness::moon:

Do you ride a bike on the road over there paul.

Hey my old 1976 TY50p used to be good for 60mph and its partner in crime a FS1E used to get to 70!! mind you spedos well less acurate in those days.

I like the tyre hugging rear fender the main problem is where do you sit between sections (ouch!!)

Yeah, the great ol fizzie :wall: but... It werent no match for my tuned Fantic Motor Super T :guinness:

post-1163-1165494777.jpg

This wasn't my one but its the same model. I was lucky that my brother owned a garage at the time and we done lots of work on the exhaust, gas porting , compression and jetting.. but all that gave me just 75mph with a tailwind .. :moon:

But at the time ... that was like driving Thrust 2 :moon:

Yes, I do ride on the street and everywhere else. I am a Yamaha dealer. I have 4 Dt50's. They are a hoot to ride. Kinda like riding a mountain bike, you have to use a lot of momentum and be very smooth. I also have an old RD60. More bikes than time

i had some very good time's on the DT.. I did'nt get passed the 50's though when it came to road bike's,kept getting car's pulling out on me from road junction's and crushing my ankle's and that's no fun on a cold winter's morning,so i just stick to off road bike's now.

Do you have a photo of your RD60 i dont recal us having the 60's in the UK.

Yep I remember the Fantic Motor Super T, the quickest Italian thing we had in darkest Kent was a Malaguti Monti until it exploded, sort of the REV3 of the Moped World.

Getting back to the main topic, TY50's must of been well ahead of their time because we were using swingarm mounted footrest for the difficult lamp post sections, especially when the cotter pin had bent on the bycycle footrests :guinness:

post-1332-1165561395.jpg