Bbc's Top Gear Programme.

scorpa3

Top Gear is essential viewing in our house and one of the biggest fans is my missus.

And the episode on Sunday in America was the funniest thing i have seen for ages, especially the reveal of the slogans on the sides of the cars. They were spot on on the reactions they got were hilarious.

I think several people have summed up already that this programme is now more about entertainment and having fun rather than conducting serious reviews of cars, and thats why it is doing so well.

When you talk of dumbing down have you seen the news on BBC or ITV recently!!!!!! ITV is so bad and in the style of gutter tabloid journalism that i find it hard to watch, always trying to provoke headline grabbing responses from interviewees or sensationalisin irrelevant stories on what are obviously slow news days. I mean if you want one programme to be serious and informative then I guess this is it. Channel 4 news is much better although I don't watch it that much as it's baby bedtime then!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOO CLARKSON FOR PM! top gear rocks, i dont have a tv at college so i look forwards to coming home to watch it, it blokes havin abit of fun, i thought that the 'decorated cars' in america was hilarious! il always watch it

In answer to the original question what do you think of Top Gear, quality mate quality!!, i eventually got round to watching this weeks programme and woke one of my sons up i was laughing that loud!!! it should be on later to allow more risque behaviour!!

Apart from Skins (e4) it is about the only thing worth watching on telly at the mo'!!

p.s TG deserves an award for the tv programme with the most prolific use of the word "cock" as an insult!! :rotfl:

WOOO CLARKSON FOR PM! top gear rocks, i dont have a tv at college so i look forwards to coming home to watch it, it blokes havin abit of fun, i thought that the 'decorated cars' in america was hilarious! il always watch it

lol that one was absolutly hilarious i couldnt stop laughing was on last night on bbc three i think great programme.. :D

What about last nights, funny yes but all the difficulties we have in obtaining land in Northumberland and Top Gear roll up and set off a rocket. Seaton Delaval club lost its course at garleigh moor due to english nature or english heritage (one of the two ) identifying the lasting damage done by the bikes. How does a trial cause more damage than that ?? and it was louder than a 4rt !

In answer to the original question what do you think of Top Gear, quality mate quality!!, i eventually got round to watching this weeks programme and woke one of my sons up i was laughing that loud!!! it should be on later to allow more risque behaviour!!

Apart from Skins (e4) it is about the only thing worth watching on telly at the mo'!!

p.s TG deserves an award for the tv programme with the most prolific use of the word "cock" as an insult!! :D

:stoned: Hmmmmm....Dear Sirs,

TG used to be one of the few programmes I could watch with my daughters (7+10) but since James 'the fop' started using '####' before 9 o'clock that is no longer the case.

If I ever meet him I will stuff his beloved'####' right down his throat.

Yours,

Angry of Mayfair