Statement Regarding Addingham Moorside

adsy

I am a big believer of - if its my land i'll do what i want!! but unfortunately this isn't the case.

The venue has been closed on a simple planning law - which is operational on any piece of land in the UK - if you don't have planning permission - and Addingham doesn't - then you are restricted to 14 days a year use - even Hawkstone Park has to obey this one or risk instant closure. The Hawkstone Park leaseholders have nightmares over illegal use costing them the venue, as it only takes one legitimate complaint to close them down, using the land illegally could lose it forever - it is a simple planning law applicable to everyone in the country.

The best way (in my opinion based on the current law) to support this cause, is for Mr Fothergill to gather as much positive encouragement, ie letters, petitions, copies of results, (positive)newspaper articles (tmx/local paper etc). Internet articles (trials central, Biketrial, trials talk etc) and forward this with an application for the correct planning permission, we could help by contributing towards the cost of an appropraite town and planning consultant to advise Mr Fothergill (and the trials community) the best way forward.

Excellent reply Boyd. As a land owner myself, I've looked into the viability of turning the (very flat) land into a motorsport facility, the process for doing this is complicated, lengthy and likely to be expensive.

So much so that I gave up on the idea however, my land does not have to benefit of a history of motorsport use. I feel that this is possible the best way to move forward. Good luck to all who are working on this.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from wanting to bump this topic back up to the top of the list, I want to confirm that the "Dougie Lampkin" signature added to the petition today is 100% the man himself. It is not a fake. I can also confirm that Alexz Wigg on the petition is not a fake, nor is Shaun Morris. I hope to add the names of James Dabill and Graham Jarvis as genuine names shortly.

There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to try and save this key venue, but please - if you've not signed the petition then PLEASE do so - even if you don't think it affects you.

Guys

I would like to sign the petition and it's no skin off my nose if I do but I have contributed not a cent to chancellors coffers having never lived in the UK as a tax payer. I do however have inalienable rights to residence in the UK, would this be enough? Don't forget that if the local bureaucrats start trawling through the petition and discover the above it could jeopardize the whole issue.

I do not believe it is a fight solely for Addingham Moorside as this could happen to any UK clubs trials venues. We need to stand up for our sport and Addingham is just one battle of many to come.

All clubs, individuals, businesses need to unite against the threat. These bureaucrats, councillors etc know what they are doing and know the procedures to action them. We need to get one step ahead of them.

There is no time for complacency!

Edited by Cota Kid

I do not believe it is a fight solely for Addingham Moorside as this could happen to any UK clubs trials venues. We need to stand up for our sport and Addingham is just one battle of many to come.

All clubs, individuals, businesses need to unite against the threat. These bureaucrats, councillors etc know what they are doing and know the procedures to action them. We need to get one step ahead of them.

There is no time for complacency!

Quite right - there was a petition going at the last Hosforth trial I went to at Home Farm in Tong because someone has complained - surely there is a group lobbying on our behalf & if not there certainly should be. I'm sure there isn't a specific trials goup but there must be a broader group out there - anyone know?

the petition at home farm is because the bloke who owns tong hall is thinking of turning it from offices in

to flats and is worried that trials, enduro, 4 x 4 and all the other things that happen at tong will put people

off from buying them. i have also heard that some idiot was riding on the foot path pulling a wheelie at swaine

woods a couple of weeks ago, and when a passer by asked him to stop cos he was walking his blind dog the

rider gave him a foul mouthed reply, so its been reported to leeds council, barrie has said some of the committee

want to close if for practice.

people like this are going to shaft us all !!!!!

jsp

Even if you dont ride here please sign petition you could be next. I don't want to spend my remaining trials days riding over skips

EXACTLY! Good point well made.

Addingham today, your favourite venue tomorrow.

Even if you've never been to Addingham, please sign it. You are not just petitioning to save this one venue, but are standing up for Trials as a whole and all the practice grounds all over the UK. If the Trials community can stand up and come forward en masse then maybe others will think twice before randomly shutting down established practice areas and thus encouraging illegal practice.

Nobody's answered my question, would it be sensible and morally correct for me to sign?

If you feel it is unjust and want to preserve the future of trials and not just Addingham Moorside, sign the petition.

Its not really to do with lining the Chancellors pockets.

It will also demonstrate the depth of feeling this issue has Worldwide.

Nobody's answered my question, would it be sensible and morally correct for me to sign?

If you feel it is unjust and want to preserve the future of trials and not just Addingham Moorside, sign the petition.

Its not really to do with lining the Chancellors pockets.

It will also demonstrate the depth of feeling this issue has Worldwide.

It has everything to do with being a taxpayer. For example if I, as an Iranian citizen, can determine your immigration quota and elect to admit unlimited unskilled Iranians, would you as a British taxpayer be happy? I think not. Who am I to determine UK policy?

However, your third paragraph has merit but I would suggest that the petition be presented with this statement attached.

Done.

Edited by TooFastTim

Even if you dont ride here please sign petition you could be next. I don't want to spend my remaining trials days riding over skips

EXACTLY! Good point well made.

Addingham today, your favourite venue tomorrow.

Even if you've never been to Addingham, please sign it. You are not just petitioning to save this one venue, but are standing up for Trials as a whole and all the practice grounds all over the UK. If the Trials community can stand up and come forward en masse then maybe others will think twice before randomly shutting down established practice areas and thus encouraging illegal practice.

I've signed up for this reason...I've not been to addingham as i use back cowm but am outraged at how the farmer has been treated and this petition has my support 100%

It wasn't so long ago that people thought fox hunting was never going to be banned and that had some high level supporters in government

At this rate the only thing left to ban in the countryside will be farming! ;)

Has anyone seen the T+MX this week. Not that I bought it of course, wouldn't do that :angry: But Dicko makes a comment about 'ill-advised posting on websites relating to the issue'

I really think he is the one who is Ill advised in this instance! and another thing, I thought he was a trials enthusiast ;) . If that was the case, then don't you think he should unite with the online Trials community and combine forces for the better of trials?

No, he didn't do that, he took the opportunity to have a pop at Trials Central because he is a bitter man with his own interests at heart.

If Addingham gets opened again, I strongly believe it will be a combination of the efforts of this site and its members working together with the interested parties. Sadly, T+MX aren't in that category. ;)

This article was brought to my attention. I don't buy the publication, but someone was so angered by the attitude displayed they scanned it and forwarded me a copy.

It is unfortunate the entire world of Trials cannot rally together over this as we really need to show a united front, but I am not going to rise to the obvious bait.

Suffice to say we have, thanks to our TC Forum members, professional legal people working and advising on this. We have also had feedback and advice from planners within other local authorities, again, thanks to TC readers.

Was the petition premature? Absolutely not. You have to strike while the iron is hot and the topic is in everybody's minds. It will be used, if necessary, to further the cause when the time is right and not before. It is just a small part of what's going on.

And, doing my best Forrest Gump, that is all I have to say about that.

For now.

Has anyone seen the T+MX this week. Not that I bought it of course, wouldn't do that :angry: But Dicko makes a comment about 'ill-advised posting on websites relating to the issue'

I really think he is the one who is Ill advised in this instance! and another thing, I thought he was a trials enthusiast ;) . If that was the case, then don't you think he should unite with the online Trials community and combine forces for the better of trials?

No, he didn't do that, he took the opportunity to have a pop at Trials Central because he is a bitter man with his own interests at heart.

If Addingham gets opened again, I strongly believe it will be a combination of the efforts of this site and its members working together with the interested parties. Sadly, T+MX aren't in that category. ;)

I would'nt be so hard on the guy.

Try looking at it at a diffrent angle his probaly done us a favour in mentioning the subject in the paper, bad word's may have been the only way he could express the subject that's going on here in T+MX for obvious reason's,hopefully more people will be directed to this site because of it,after all there's probaly more trialer's/off roader's still reading the paper that don't know about TC.Now those reader's will want to know what site's his going on about,it can only be good for more signature's and support can't it.