Statement Regarding Addingham Moorside

adsy

Addingham Moorside Closure.

I have been contacted by my Club, Yeadon Guiseley & District Motor Club, who has sole use of Addingham for organised events, to issue a statement regarding the future of trials at this venue.

Our club secretary Sue Smith is in regular contact with the landowner, and has received the following news this morning.

Mr Alan Fothergill has received a written order from the council, stating that he must pad-lock the gate forthwith, and not allow this piece of land to be used for any kind of motorcycle use, either practicing or organised events run by our club Yeadon Guiseley for at least 12 months! This has very serious implications for some prestigious events, especially the Mackenzie British Championship Trial that was due to be run in August at Addingham, the future of this event is in doubt.

Mr Fothergill is not taking this latest turn of events lying down, and is willing to fight the council on our behalf but he needs some help in doing so.

He has requested that any and everyone who has ever practiced ridden a trial spectated or in any way has a connection with Trials at this event to write a letter to him, he can then collect all these letters together and take them to the magistrate to put together a case for continuing the use of this land for Trials.

This is a venue that has been used for Trials for many many years, and has produced countless quality riders, and is a major factor in the success of Dougie Lampkin, James Dabill Graham Jarvis etc, the list goes on and on, we now must club together to try and keep this land open, don

Edited by Adsy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe what the council is trying to do here :o . I can't see the logic in taking away a legal venue in the current circumstances where the Police are trying to clamp down on illegal off-roading :wall: . I've put together a letter which will be in the post asap, just hope that the decision can be reversed.

Actually, thinking about it, I doubt writing letters is going to be enough. Somebody local needs to take ownership of this, organise a proper campaign and get the press involved. I can probably help a little by getting statements from Dougie and Dibs via Jake.

Perhaps the local council would like to see a couple of hundred FULLY ROAD legal trials riders riding up and down Silsden Main Street and also Skipton High Street one Sunday, in an attempt to combat the loss of local practise areas, due to some NIMBY whingers!

Perhaps the local council would like to see a couple of hundred FULLY ROAD legal trials riders riding up and down Silsden Main Street and also Skipton High Street one Sunday, in an attempt to combat the loss of local practise areas, due to some NIMBY whingers!

Surely midday Saturday would make more of an impact.

I have found an online petition package. I am happy to install and configure this on TC if wanted. At very least it could do no harm - particularly if I could get some Dougie involvement. I'm going to speak to Jake tomorrow.

If there is anybody out there who could do me a bit of a write-up on Addingham - the history and importance of it to Trials I'd be grateful. I think it's time to put the power and coverage that Trials Central has gained over the years to some good use. I can do the geeky technical stuff, but I'm unfamiliar with the venue or it's history.

Email to trialscentral AT trialscentral.com ASAP please!

I think the online petition is a good idea.

Without telling anyone how to sucks eggs we need to get importers, suppliers, motorbike shops etc interested. This fight needs to involve the whole of the trials community not just those from West Yorks.

I think the online petition is a good idea.

Without telling anyone how to sucks eggs we need to get importers, suppliers, motorbike shops etc interested. This fight needs to involve the whole of the trials community not just those from West Yorks.

Software installed, configured, customised and ready to roll. I just need some help on the article to accompany it.

I know the bike trials community are also getting stung by this. If we are to start a petition, I think it may be worth making the message a joint trials/bike trials message. There's a big part of our community that are involved with both anyway - surprising how many links you find when you go along to a few events.

There is a thread on one of the bike trials forums at the moment. Barbara Wright (from thread below) is also in touch with Yeadon & Guisely. We can put you in touch with Barbara if it's of any assistance. She's very keen and generally "a right good lass" from what I hear. (Runs cleanbikes)

There is a big following for the bike trials site - and you'll probably notice that there's already a link to TC on their thread here:

Bike Trials Forum Thread