Ssdt & Pre65

vinnied

Great article Andy, having been the recipient of one of these gob****es coming down from Blackwater in 2005, having to hit the ditch, i hope they get the message

Vinnie ;):angry:;)

Edited by Vinnied

If I pass any during the trial i'll certainly give them a piece of my mind.

On a past thread there was something said about snipping throttle cables of the offenders, although it is resorting to vandilism to stop people "supporting" trials, we'd be better off without them. I say snip em! It wont be long until they get the message, its a long push back from some of the sections they get too. ;)

If we do take pics of bikes and plates will the SSDT committee/plod take action?? (less violent approach?)

Edited by bucki3

Andy, That is a superb article. I did think about writing something similar for my column this week, but ended up writing something far less contentious. I'm glad I chose not to because I simply couldn't beat what you have said.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way up to pipeline on a bike is up the track. So, why not post a steward at the gateway leading up to pipeline and scupper any illegal riders by simply refusing them access. Its not a public byeway, so they have no right to be on there. If they are not authorised to be on there, an SSDT/Pre65 official could discourage/prevent them and issue them with the information that "you will be trespassing beyond this point, your bike details and registration number will be recorded and appropriate action will be taken against you... you have been officially warned !!!!"

Why couldn't this work?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way up to pipeline on a bike is up the track. So, why not post a steward at the gateway leading up to pipeline and scupper any illegal riders by simply refusing them access. Its not a public byeway, so they have no right to be on there. If they are not authorised to be on there, an SSDT/Pre65 official could discourage/prevent them and issue them with the information that "you will be trespassing beyond this point, your bike details and registration number will be recorded and appropriate action will be taken against you... you have been officially warned !!!!"

Why couldn't this work?

4ourtea if you sign on as an official we will give you a yellow bib and you can try it for yourself ! - ;)

Why couldn't this work?

Apart from the fact there are some arrogant a******es who will ignore anything said to them, getting volunteers for this kind of job is always going to be difficult. People travel to see the Trial, not to stand at a gate and police the course - even volunteer observers get to see at least SOME of the Trial. Would you, as Overthehill said, volunteer to travel to Kinlochleven and spend your entire time there policing a gateway?

Regardlesss of that, it shouldn't be necessary if people genuinely had the interests of the event at heart. The signage is clear, plentiful and presented on the approaches...

07052006202824-9.jpg

To miss it you'd have to be blind. And if what my granny told me is true, I can understand why these people are blind ;)

To miss it you'd have to be blind. And if what my granny told me is true, I can understand why these people are blind ;)

i bet your granny would never have suggested such a thing ;)

It's true, I watched a couple of folk at the bottom of Mamore Road a couple of years back trying to keep people out they just got ignore and in one case pushed out the way, it's a joke. Don't know what the answer is, you can appeal to them but the reality is thye'll do waht the hell they like.

It's true, I watched a couple of folk at the bottom of Mamore Road a couple of years back trying to keep people out they just got ignore and in one case pushed out the way, it's a joke. Don't know what the answer is, you can appeal to them but the reality is thye'll do waht the hell they like.

This is, unfortunately, true hence my hope that photographing them and publicly shaming them will have at least some effect. Might even try and interview a few of them this year to find out their reasoning. Anybody got any "big" mates going who could act as bodyguard?! ;)

Just as a wee note - don't automatically assume anyone who is out there without a competitors number plate is riding illegally and launch into them! Trials Central will have two people out on the course to provide coverage who are not competitors and at least one of them may not even be on a Trials bike. They are officially sanctioned by the organisers and will carry official press plates and identification. CJB will most likely have their guys out and about too and not necessarily on Trials bikes. I don't know for certain they'll be there, but would assume so. If so, they'll all have signed on and have proper plates on their bikes and identification indicating they're Press. I'm all for riders challenging illegal riders, but check they aren't authorised first. It might save some embarrassment ;)

I hope all riders who read this thread will take on board the severity of what the illegal riders are doing to the pre65 and SSDT and will take some action on it, whether it be a mouthful of abuse at the riders, photograph plates or pull out the portable bat that we all keep in our rucksacks and show them how we feel ;)

Just make sure they're not a observer/press first!! ;)

I hope all riders who read this thread will take on board the severity of what the illegal riders are doing to the pre65 and SSDT and will take some action on it, whether it be a mouthful of abuse at the riders, photograph plates or pull out the portable bat that we all keep in our rucksacks and show them how we feel :angry:

Just make sure they're not a observer/press first!! ;)

Yes please check first. Please ;)