Which 4 Stroker To Buy?

hop blip and a jump

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall you mentioning going to Hawkstone. According to the official website, it says:

"Adding extra weight to Saturday and new for 2007 will be public test sessions, with all the manufacturers pledging their support to supply bikes and personnel so visitors can actually ride the latest models - more details regarding this unique opportunity will be released over the coming months."

Might be best to hold off till then and have a try on them all and see what feels best for you.

jam Posted Today, 12:53 PM

Pure and simple - Scorpa with Yamaha engine, no complicated electronics etc

Complicated electronics? How complicated is it to just kick the bike and go? It is more complicated to get a bike jetted properly, then do it again when you go up in altitude. After 2 1/2 years still don't know of anybody who has had to worry about electronics.

As for the other bikes I hope to try the Beta and Scorpa next month. I'm sure if the Beta handles like a Rev3 with a four stroke motor which it should, I will like it. I just hope I don't like it too much :( As for the Scorpa I have know idea what to expect, but I have a totally open mind about it.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

have not been on this site for a while hello everyone

having owned most of the modern four strokes for my money the monty is the only opton if you actually want to trial on it.

all of the other bikes still have issues ,

the monty is not the most four stroky (invented word i know) but it starts every time.

belive me a bike that lets you down a few times soon becomes annoying to say the least.

For my money why buy a fourstroke ?

enviromental issues ? - cobblers !! what they save on emmissions they cost in terms of noise and when they get a bit older four strokes will burn oil . Fuel injected two stroke is the answer to the environmental issue.

Cheaper ? cobblers again, Beta , Sherco, and Scorpa produce a two stroke for between

I can agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraph but not the rest, my Beta might be heavier but it certainly doesn't feel like it. It beats the 2 stroke Beta hands down in the grip department and the engine braking isn't as severe as say the 4rt. It might not have the snap of a Rev-3 but that suits my ability anyway.

I don't think the Beta or Scorpa is loud but the Mont definitely is, they are all more expensive but they do hold their money quite well (hopefully...) No problems with my bike and costly repairs yet and I can ride it better than the 2 stroke - not very well on either I admit :wub:

I'm very pleased with mine and will buy another without hesitation :wub:

Edited by Kinell

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking about buying a 4 stroker any one rode all of the different bikes??

How do they compare??

The Mont 4rt is the best. Resently purchased an 07 4rt and have had one practice session on it; clicked with it straight away. used to ride a Beta 250 and have had no problem so far wih changing to Four-stoke power!