Monty 4 Stroke

bigfoot

Now then, is that what you expected? (front page photos of new Mont)

I expected not to like the look but am pleasently surprised. If doesn't look any bigger or for that matter much heavier than the Montesa 2T. The frame design looks early gas gas but in Aluminium. I guess the frame had to get smaller in dimension to keep the whole thing small.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen the photos, it looks like it has utilised an almost 315 like frame layout, and the motor isn't a CRF bottom end.

I'm not complaining, it looks ready to ride - not work in progress !

I was thinking on how you start it, surely the injection needs some power to get the bike running ? (best get the laptop ready to set the timing an mixture)

So what's its going to sell at ?

The frame design looks early gas gas but in Aluminium. I guess the frame had to get smaller in dimension to keep the whole thing small.

Hi,

It's much what I thought it would be........but overall pleasantly suprised as well.

Not sure about the look of the silencer though, it definitely flows with the bike (unlike the REV3 say), but it does seem to stand out

Kudos to Montesa.

PS. Can you imagine a 2T motor in that frame.......WOW!

Ian.

The cylinder looks nice a small and low on the visible side but I can't quite see where the plug lead ends so don't know where the actual top of the cylinder finishes. There is certainly more on the left side that we can't see. It fills the frame where as this side has a lot of height above the cylinder.