Wiggy Future

g14gav

Montesa Honda may be bit different but following in the footsteps of the greats!!

Good Luck Wiggy!

Sad day for the GASGAS factory but they cant compete i guess.

Shame Browny aint in there too but bet he will be next year!

It's great to see British riders being supported, shame we are not doing it from wholly domestic teams, I have 3 comments / thoughts:

• 1. Great news for Alexz - well done
  • 2. Real shame for Shirty
  • 3. How is it that the Italian's can run private teams at world trials championship level as they do with TTT and TRW?

Agree completely, brilliant news for him and his career and great to have and Italian team with the faith to sign 2 British riders. proves they are going on talent etc etc.

Kick in the sack for Shirty though as Alexz is the future and he has looked after him for 9 years. The Factory are putting all eggs in one basket with Raga and to be fair you could argue he has already peaked. Resources are limited and I guess it is cheaper for them to invest locally i.e. Spain rather than further afield. Shame though eh?

Good luck Alexz!

It was only a matter of time before he got his big break with that much talent. He fully deserves it. Good luck Alexz :D

Fully agree, nice one kid.

As to why the Italians can run two big teams - easy money, they can get it and unless somebody in the UK has that kind of foldy stuff to throw around we might always be in the dark ages. Thank god the talent comes from these shores :D

Edited by Slapshot 3

It's great to see British riders being supported, shame we are not doing it from wholly domestic teams, I have 3 comments / thoughts:
  • 1. Great news for Alexz - well done
  • 2. Real shame for Shirty
  • 3. How is it that the Italian's can run private teams at world trials championship level as they do with TTT and TRW?

Shame for Shirt? Possibly, but I bet there's just as many new Gassers turning out in the new year as if Alexz was still riding one.

This is fantastic news and well overdue I reckon, GasGas must have tried to keep hold of him on the cheap due to the accountants being in charge!

Shirty & Co. have done Alexz proud over the years but appear to have been let down by the factory?

Congratulations to all at Team Wigg

"The future's bright, the future's Italian" :D

Great for Alexz - Sad for Shirty - Looks like the World Championship is being bought by Honda money. I can't see this being good for the sport long term.

I dont agree with your comment about this being Honda money , when TRW are a private concern with their own sponsors . even if it was Honda money, why is it not good for the sport ?

I really do feel for Shirty over this. He's a top bloke and a BIG supporter of the youths, but if the factory ain't offering the support at an international level then there's nothing he can do. This is a problem at Gas Gas corporate level, not Gas Gas UK. I totally understand Wiggy taking up this opportunity. He'd have been a fool not to as these opportunities come along very rarely in this sport. I'm looking forward to next year as it's all looking pretty good for the Brits.

The downside is he's stuck with Dibs for the forseeable future :D

What a scoop for Future Team TRW.

Alexz has got to be one of the nicest guys around and he truly deserves the reward for his efforts over the last couple of seasons.

I am quite sure John Shirt Jnr will be sad to see Alexz depart from Gas Gas UK, but that's business!

Well done Wiggy!

Big John

Yes, great for Alexz. It has to be said that an importer can only take a rider so far, so all credit to GAS GAS UK for the support they have supplied over the years.

They still have Ben Morphett to support, is he going to be even better? I think possibly so.

Edited by jordi

Great for Alex yes but I think the WTC would be more balanced if TRW ploughed there money into sherco, gas gas or scorpa. Beta have TTT and Honda are doing well enough with their own team which is hardly short of cash !

why did TRW pick the Montesa ? They make lots of trick parts for the Mont but how many people have bought some TRW kit,just out of interest ?

if the same amount was invested in a production Gas Gas or Sherco how good would it be ? My view, and its just an opinion, is that comparing the standard bikes the Gas Gas or the Sherco is more competitive.

My guess is TRW being a worldwide (global sales) automotive component making company, working with-in the Honda brand, makes the most dollars and sense (cents) on their investment in the World Trials Championship series. The sport is lucky to have a outside big-money teams like Future Trials Team.

And back on subject, congratulations Alexz, you've earned this deal. Teams like this only look for the finest talent, who show great class on and off the course. You exemplify that type of person.

Edited by City Trials