My Employer Sucks

andy.t

Oh Atom have I hit you where it hurts,if you start a business and it aint what you thought it should be then don't blame me.If i had a business all the Employee's would be paid a fair wage and I would listen to their opinions whether they where right or wrong.You must think your Employee's are stupid,just remember they will get back at you double what they think you owe them one way or another.

:D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for God's sake man if your Employer sucks..................

GET A NEW JOB!!!

Quit whinin' about it on a world wide forum, quit being a pansy and do something about it. The rest of us don't care.

Edited by ZIPPY

Andy.T Posted Today, 07:05 PM

Well Zippy,dont look at the anything goes subject if you dont like it.

THE END AGAIN.

I might like being a pansy they look nice in the winter.

Yea sure make fun of me being blind......I couldn't look if I wanted to. :D

maybe you don't know how lucky you are,you say you get a final salary pension,does'nt that mean some of your weekly wage goes into a pension fund.

your starting to sound like a typical long term employee who think's the company owe's you the world,not true.

you want to try being self employed,if the work ain't there you don't get paid.

maybe you don't know how lucky you are,you say you get a final salary pension,does'nt that mean some of your weekly wage goes into a pension fund.

your starting to sound like a typical long term employee who think's the company owe's you the world,not true.

you want to try being self employed,if the work ain't there you don't get paid.

Fair comment! I was wondering if anyone was going to come out and support him but it didn't happen! I wonder why :D

Hah, you all think you've got it bad.....my heart bleeds, you wanna try working for the government say something wrong you could end up in the tower...death penalty still exists in old legislation for traitors....and Scots :banana2:

Seriously, As many of the posts have said if you don't like it then walk. I suggest most employers do what they deem best for the organisation even if much of the time some of them make decisions with their heads up ther Rss's. I've had a couple of long e mail exchanges with Atom and Kinell and suggest they'd be sensible employers (Jeez I just called Kinell sensible :banana2: ) but they'll do what's necessary to bring in the beer vouchers whether every employee they have agrees or not.

Here's another viewpoint, I'm Chairman of our local ice hockey club (again...B******s) and in the past have had to make decisions about training budgets for coaches, whether we have the budget to pay a coach, all sorts of stuff like that. I'll tell you what, the number of sleepless night you have thinking about major issues regarding money, especially money that's not yours or money that the whole organisation relies on to function is no-ones business. Then comes the fun when you have to sack someone or invoke exclusions clauses in the club constitution...Employment Tribunals, Equal Opportunities, Racial tribunals...where else do you want to go. Sometimes the bosses are not the To55ers you think they are, they are just trying to do a tough, tough job. It sometimes pays to think about that.

Still can't believe I called Kinell sensible, must be losing my marbles :banana2:

Edited by Slapshot 3

My last words on this subject for all you Managers.

It's the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." It is the ultimate norm of high morality in our culture. Sure there are other morals by which we live, but this one phrase embodies our most cherished value: that we should treat people as we would like to be treated.

Just read through the post, and felt the urge to comment.

Maybe, just maybe the managers are treating you as you treat them. I am willing to bet that your managers can see through you like a sheet of glass, and what you are seeing back is a reflection of how you are treating them.

My suggestions to you pretty much mirror what others in this thread have said, but what the heck, I have a moment to type so here we go.

I have a job, I am a manager, I am also a worker, depends on what side of the fence you are looking from.

I get up every morning and weigh the ration of trash that will come with being employed against the compensation I recieve. So far, after I weigh it out, I then proceede to get up, get dressed and go to work. There have been times when it is closer then others, but as I am no longer under a commitment too the Army, I am employeed at Will and have the right to leave whenever I decide. I suspect you have the same right.

The other thing I do, is I (or probably more accurately my wife) owns our own business. That satisfies my entrepanurial dream. I get to be everything from top man on the totem pole, to ditch digger and equipment repairman. You think it is easy to run the business, and you could do better? Hey, fortunately, you live in a country that will allow you to go out there and excell. And better then that, you could go out there and do it while keeping your same job.

If you think you would do better then your manager, and you have been there 10 plus years why have you not promoted up to that position? What are you doing to get yourself there so you can correct the poor performance that that manager has shown you?

While I am sure you could give a care less of my opinions and thoughts, you might need to go find a mirror to see where your problem lies.

Hi all,its been so nice to hear your comments even if most of them are wrong.Its strange that nobody thought to ask what it was that my manager asked me to have training for,or why I thought that this should warrant extra money.I think most of you made assumptions that I think were wrong.I would like to point out that with the job I do there is very little contact ever with my Manager and all of the customers I deal with have always been very satisfied with what I have done.

PS sorry Andy,just when you thought I had shut up.

Lots of love to you all,

Andy.

Edited by Andy.T

Seemed no point asking what the training was for as none of us know what you do?

On another note I get paid a hell of a lot less than my colleagues that are less willing than I am, but I take every opertunity going to gain all training available and from this I feel I am becoming more of an asset to the company and am definatley getting a lot of respect from others that have the same aproach to the company as you do with yours!

Think possitivley you will surely enjoy life more, and they are offering you FREE training pressumably on work time that they are paying you for. So even if you aren't getting paid any more in salary terms you are still getting paid for the same or near as damn it in the week with the bonus of extra knowledge on whatever the course may be.

Hi all,its been so nice to hear your comments even if most of them are wrong.Its strange that nobody thought to ask what it was that my manager asked me to have training for,or why I thought that this should warrant extra money.I think most of you made assumptions that I think were wrong.I would like to point out that with the job I do there is very little contact ever with my Manager and all of the customers I deal with have always been very satisfied with what I have done.

PS sorry Andy,just when you thought I had shut up.

Lots of love to you all,

Andy.

You didn't start this thread with the right attitude. You didn't post anything with the right attitude, and even thought everyone who has contributed hasn't supported you, you think we are all wrong and that's the wrong attitude. So, to be quite honest, I don't think we give a f*** what training you were going to get to be honest!...... and yes you are correct, that's the wrong attitude too :banana2: