Can Doug Win His 100th On The Beta 2 Banger?

daggs888

Sorry If this has been covered, i've been away from trials for a while doing enduro, so this is new news to me.

Anyone think Doug can nail another podium 1st on the Beta ...... or has he spent to long on the 4rt to pick up a 2t and ride it as well as he did ?

If Bou's anything to go by then the 4rt seemed to bring him on ! ........................ Hope Doug finds his his 100th on the Beta, good luck for 2008 to the Lampkin clan.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the 2007 review I really reckon that Doug has a great chance. He finished in a good third in the dry grippy conditions of Andorra at the last round, so throw in some good old slippy stuff, Luxem bourg or bagor and he's back in business on the 2t!!

Go Dougie!!

Edited by Nigel Dabster

like everyone in the uk we would love to see doug win his 100th and more, and perhaps he may just have one of those days where he finds his form of yesteryear. However it has been suggested by some that a 4 stroke has been his downfall, or he was better on a two stroke.

Since going 4 stroke.

I chuck this into the debate. Is it not that bou has emerged on the scene who lets be honest is a special rider, raga gains experience more and more, fuji as mad as he is has a few years on him (doug's not getting any younger in comparison). Just think the competition has altered since being on a 4 banger. Dont get me wrong im 100% behind doug he is a legend, but we must just wait and see what happends this coming year. I like many hope whole heartedly hope he does it for himself.

Im sat on the fence. It would be lovely, but he's got nothing to prove/lose

Regardless of Doug's possible 100th win, Beta, after losing both Bou and Dabs found themselves with a decidedy sketchy entry in last years WTC and now find themselves with a team of note: Dougie, Fajardo and (I think, I'm open to correction) the Mighty Atom.

Edited by TooFastTim

Regardless of Doug's possible 100th win, Beta, after finding themselves with a decidedy sketchy entry in last years WTC now find themselves with a team of note: Dougie, Fajardo and (I think, I'm open to correction) might atom.

Pretty sure Atom resigned with TTT Beta for another year.

Much the same opinion, nothing to prove but 100 is such a nice round number, 8 is a nice number as well.... :rolleyes:

Unless something strange happens in japan guess the age gap has always been the same?

beaver1966 Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

I am pretty sure that the TPCF only applies to Weight or Gravity and not to age.

Frank :shutup:

I for one would love to see 100+. One thing for sure is that the WTC should be more exciting with more brands being competitive!!

Edited by AHAMAYfrank

I like most am hoping that the 2T Beta is the boost Dougie needs. There may be a slight psychological boost in there too. If Dougie wins on the Honda, yep, it's a great achievement but he's got the backing of the biggest and best team in the world, and it could almost be expected.

If he does that from Beta, for me it's one of those things that sends the tingle up the back of the neck. Something extra special, that bit of excitement that no matter how good someone is psychologically, you just can't create yourself.

I'm not hoping for too much, just in case it doesn't come, but I really am looking forward to seeing what happens in 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i think he'll do well in 08' and bring farjardo on to!! :D

Forget Fajardo, what about Britains other Beta rider, Michael Brown, it will be great to see him ride at the top level and I'm sure he will surprise a few people.