Sunday June 15th

Gates open Saturday AM for practice

Primitive overnight camping available

Sign-up 8:00AM Start 10:00AM

All classes including Vintage A & B

Morning/afternoon format

Trials marshal: Dennis Sweeten

You should come over to the COTA forum more often. We miss you. :wall:

I don't know how much practice there will be on Sat, but it might be fun to get out and ride the bikes.

I don't think I'll have a rear brake for the M92, hope that doesn't turn out to be a problem...

Awright I guess I can get my mind out of the gutter. I don't know what you mean by #2 then. Wouldn't be the first time I've been thick.

Any road, tonight was the first trial on the bike, and I am pleased as punch to report we managed a credible 4th place, expert. Ishy won with 18 and I came in fourth with 28. Pretty close trial and me with no fives! Of course it was a fairly easy event, but I had fun like crazy. I could hardly stop grinning like an idiot. When I cleaned sections I felt like the king of the world! Results should be up at some point soon on COTA web site. :wall:

Edited by JayLael

Thanks Kirk! I noticed when Ishy was riding it he was gone for a very long time. When he did reappear he was smiling. For a first outing it is hard to imagine things going much better. She runs really nice! I'm starting to think about another. Just think of the possibillities. (This one could be considered type4.) I have a few odds and ends around, I might just do up a junkyard special. It would be cool but never as good as this one. After that then maybe something really different!

Barry: Here are some pics in lieu of a video. Photos by Jake Metteer, who has done a bangup job at trials photography. I will resist the urge to edit out the dab. :wall:

Jay: Thanks for the pics. I hope sometime in the future for a video to hear what the engine sounds like. You did a great job on the project! Bet it feels great after going through everything to get the results you expected. Bravo!!!

Barry

Jay,

Nice work, I've been silently watching your progress on this thread. Well done for working through all the little problems and getting the bike finished.

I particularly like the Mecatecno tribute paint job!

This could start a whole collection of Hodaka tribute bikes. How about a Betadaka the first Ali framed Beta that Tarres rode as a Prototype in 1989, or Aprilidaka to pay respect to the '92 WTC winning bike of Tommy Avalha. Perphaps even some classics like GOV132 - Er perhaps not, I think I'd better stop now!!