Trials Bike Price Hike Because Of

loonal

Oh yes...we all wanted to know you've got a 25k Audi, A4...really nice company car

Bit harsh :D

The way I see it - the punter ordered a bike and paid a deposit based on the price the dealer quoted at the time.

The dealer based his 'sale' price on the 'buy' price the importer currently charged him plus his ?%

Then the importer couldn't/wouldn't deliver the bike (euro wobblies?)

Dealer got nervous, made lots of excuses why the bike wasn't available and eventually stumped up his extra money to the importer 2 months later.

Punter gets a phone call "Yer bikes here but I want

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's not on the floor i would'nt buy it whatever it is at the moment,if a company goes bust whilst your waiting for the good's to come in and you've put a deposit down,you've lost it.

Now there's a damn good point!

It makes you wonder; if a motorcycle dealer is 'trying it on' like this for a meagre

Why don't the dealers simply quote a price in Euros if that is what they have to pay in? That way any currency fluctuations would be borne by the purchaser and it would be demonstrably fair...

Dealers pay the importers in pounds for the new bikes, it is the importers who pay the manufacturers in Euro's. Unless of course the dealer in this case is bringing the bike in from Europe directly and cutting out the Uk Importer altogether.

I did contact trading standards & they said "breach of contract"...

When I mentioned "breach of contract" to the dealer he said; take me to court then!

When I sugeested that if he delivered the bike when he originally said he would (January) then the Euro may not have been a problem.

When he calmed down a little he said he will see if he can work something out with the importer.

Whats annoying is this is a very large reputable dealer who I had heard only good things about.

Still I suppose almost everybody is feeling the pinch.

G'wan - name and shame them! lol

You've still got the trump card by asking for your deposit back - but like I said earlier - you could find yourself having to travel to get the bike that you want from another dealer which will probably now be at the same price as your dealer is now asking for.....

When I mentioned "breach of contract" to the dealer he said; take me to court then!

Not what I'd want to hear from a dealer I was buying a new bike from! With this kind of attitude towards customer satisfaction, what chance would you have if your new bike developed a fault after a month or so?

When I sugeested that if he delivered the bike when he originally said he would (January) then the Euro may not have been a problem.

When he calmed down a little he said he will see if he can work something out with the importer.

I firmly believe that you shouldn't have to stump up any more cash for the bike you have ordered, this cost should be absorbed by the manufacturer. If the