Bultaco 199b On Fleebay

hewson

Very nice looking bike.

The owner seems very sure the timing side crank seal is the cause of the erratic running.It is a pretty easy job,why not spend the hour changing it,get the bike running properly and get full price for it.Is it just me but alarm bells would be ringing.I had 2 Bult's and re-built both of them but I could not tell you a crank seal was the cause of erratic running unless I changed it and it ran ok.The engine is very clean looking,surely it was rebuilt with new seals? It has hardly been used so cannot be leaking already surely.

Buyer beware?

My thoughts exactly regarding the repair required. The start price will put people off as they like an auction to bid away at. I admit I don't know a lot about Bultacos but I did read in another thread on here that people only buy Hondas, Fantics and Yamahas :lol::thumbup:

Big John will be on here and he will tell you all about it...........

Make, model, frame no., engine no., who owned it from new, how many trials it has done, what oil is in the gearbox, what 2-stroke oil is in the tank, how many links in the chain, teeth on the front and back sprocket and a whole load more :lol:

Just be patient the Bulto God will rise with the answers :thumbup:

I may have drunk more than is PC tonight,but I'll be glad if big John chips in and tells us all about this Bulto - I could do the same if it were a Land rover product.There is nothing wrong in in depth knowledge of product or a skill of its use.We just need to be there to admire and aknowlege their skill.I was looking for a Bult 2 yrs ago to restart my trials life,when a smart looking TY250 came up I could not resist - and I'm stilll enjoying it now.But I would have no hesitation in taking Big Johns advice in choosing a Barcelona model.

Eratic running with air leak on a Bult could be several things , air leak or oil leak in mains seals , split leaking intake manifold rubber , brocken base gasket etc

Crank seals could be in wrong or in the 340 case should have the thicker double type single type crank seals fitted - two single seals in either side (4 in total)on a 340

won't fit properly.

Or could be a big list of other possibilities carb, mains,crank - the list could go on....

Or is the engine REALLY rebuilt like they say..........mmmmmm. :thumbup: