Highlight Of The Week

gizza5

Been going to the SSDT a few years now and still don't know the guy who interviews on the finish ramp or in charge of the Mic at the presentation............................

Now I may upset his family, but he needs to retire and talk about a subject and and maybe people he knows because it seems he knows Jack S**t about trials or the people who take part!!!

So one of the highlights of the week was at the presentation when Dougie had enough of him took the microphone out of his hand and did his speech.............hell of a result :wall:

Edited by GIZZA5

Agree 100% on all counts. Dougie grabbing the mic was spot on and the applause reflected the sentiment! Apparently he even asked Grimbo if it was his first time riding. As much as I don't want to massage the ego of The Moff, he would be far better at it than Moses is :wall:

Mose is actually pretty good when he knows his subject matter......road racing, bit of scrambling etc etc but trials ..nah, The Moff would be better, I can sense his ego expanding at the same rate as the contents as the batcave

Think they should employ big john to do the whole thing.

Now there's a reason to go back & ride again, chance to wind BJ up again whilst he's got a mic in his hand, might even get him to swear again :wall:

Did I read somewhere that young Mr Moffat got lost during the pre 65 ?

this could be a right result for Kinell !!

and John has form for getting lost in that part of the world you know........ :wall:

RESULT! :shutup:

(I was hoping that Perce might have taken a detour but no such luck!)

RESULT! :wall:

(I was hoping that Perce might have taken a detour but no such luck!)

Difference being is that he may have only gone maybe 1/2 a mile before realising his mistake..................not 1/2 way to Ireland :shutup::rotfl:

Pity you couldn't make it to the Fort 'K'

Did I read somewhere that young Mr Moffat got lost during the pre 65 ?

this could be a right result for Kinell !!

and John has form for getting lost in that part of the world you know........ :wall:

The FULL UNEXPURGATED STORY is available for a fee......... :shutup:

Big John and David did get lost along with the observers. The flag marking as you came across the base of the dam was not brilliant and certainly myself and the other observers (Magnon and his mate Shane, gorgeous bikes boys!) headed off to where the Dubh Lochan section had been the previous year. WRONG!! Finding the Meall Na Cruadhie section became a bit of guess work after that, we were thrashing about the moor for a good 40 minutes before we found them, the stretch above Blackwater was not pleasant. We were never more than a couple of miles away from them but it was like needle in a haystack stuff. It was like that for us at the start of the day I suspect it got much worse, some riders lost a fair whack on time because of it.......

Your turn prof.

Think they should employ big john to do the whole thing.

Totally agree get Big John on the Mic. (Mind you with his knowledge and facts he knows about the riders the presentation alone will take 6 days) :wall:

Now then, now then!

I think I should explain, I have just picked up on this thread just now and read it fully...

Firstly, "Mose" (or Ian Hutchison if you prefer) I have known for a mighty long time, probably about 35 years or so and he was an old friend of my late father as well.

I feel I must defend him as he is a "dyed in the wool motorcyclist" who is much better known in road race circles and in particular the Isle of Man and Speedway where he is an accredited machine examiner. He has probably the world's greatest collection of racing books and has a great knowledge himself, however he maybe doesn't have the depth of knowledge on trials, fair point.

He is of course a volunteer (a hard worker in the SACU) like many of us in the sport and tries his best, he is fervently Scottish and unlike myself, happy to wear the kilt, I do not suit the kilt at all (I haven't got the legs for it)

Having said that, I am content to continue helping Nevis Radio at the SSDT with their coverage of this great event (long may the coverage and the event continue)

I have heard some similar comments during the night of the presentation, but I have tended to ignore them as I was asked to resign from the SSDT committee in 2002 after holding the position of secretary (no need to go over the background to this as it is all water under the bridge now!), but some people have long memories.

The committee and club know where I am, they just need to ask nicely if they need help, in fact I do currently help out at the "other trial" the Edinburgh club are responsible for and quite enjoy my double act with Colin Dommett on their Saturday night!

I did actually do a "tribute night" last February 2007 in Fort William during the Mountain Festival for the SSDT and fully endorsed by the SSDT committee, which went down well.

Just thought I would put the record straight. (as for getting lost, well I wasn't lost, I knew where I was, I just was in the wrong part of a bloody big moor!) :wall:

Regards to all,

Big John