S3 225 Kit

borus

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi borus,

There is a test in the UK Trials and Motocross News, last month I think late June, with a short test by Woody Hole on a GGUK 225. Also, I heard there were a few of these in the USA but no contact details.

Bye, PeterB.

We managed to con the only 225 kit out of Adrian at Lewisport USA and fitted it to a 2007 125 Racing. Installation was a snap, jetting took a bit of fiddling but we are Very happy with the results. The engine has lots of torque, revs like mad and is probably around 140 pounds. We have let a few riders at our local club try the bike and it is universally loved. The jetting can be a bit tricky as we tried to get away from the hard mid range hit and smooth out the power transition to mimic the 2007 250 as closely as possible, it required a needle change and fairly specific pilot and main sizing. (We also added ti footpegs and header pipe to achieve the low weight) The only other work to the engine was a flywheel weight, this helped as well and I may be working out a way to add a bit more weight to smooth out the power.

Hope this helps

Spencer

Went to watch the "Reeth 3 day" trial at the weekend & spoke to "Factory Kev" from GGUK about his 225, he has got 2 flywheel weights fitted with a keihin carb & Raga reed block, also with a short titty pipe... It sounded "Awesome" when he had it flying up the sections!.... It must go alright as he won the clubman route on it! B)

Oh, he also had titanium footrests as well...lol :D

i were looking at these on lewisport usa they looked good. but my gasser 125 racing already has miles enough power for me to handle and revs really well

the 225cc kit could come in handy for someone with a 125 who wants some more power

We found that the 225 Racing was lighter than the 250, doesn't have quite the same torque curve but revs to the moon. Jetting makes all the difference; it can be into a monster if you like that sort of response in an engine. We had many riders in our local club try ours and all liked it better than the 250, only one rider on a Raga 250 couldn't decide. As per my previous post we added some goodies that lightened it even more that the stock 2007 125 Racing that we used as a base bike. It can't be overstated how light it is.

Spencer

We found that the 225 Racing was lighter than the 250, doesn't have quite the same torque curve but revs to the moon. Jetting makes all the difference; it can be into a monster if you like that sort of response in an engine. We had many riders in our local club try ours and all liked it better than the 250, only one rider on a Raga 250 couldn't decide. As per my previous post we added some goodies that lightened it even more that the stock 2007 125 Racing that we used as a base bike. It can't be overstated how light it is.

Spencer

good stuff, much appreciated Spencer, obviously more power and lighter than the 200 (175). not being negative but did you investigate the possible effects of the extra 100cc of power on the 125 cc engine components or is it going to be more of a wait and see or is it no issue? i would assume this is fairly new after market gear, has it been tested out?

cheers, beers on me when i come out to bc :banana2:

I didn't realize at the time you were a "local". I was told that the S3 kit was developed with input from Wiggy and his Dad. Now S3 seems to make high quality equipment and by looking at the new cylinder they are probably the ones making the OEM cylinders for GasGas. We have had the conversion on for a few months now with no problems (except to pry it out of the hands of others that try it) and my girlfriend doesn't hold back on the throttle during the Britannia Beach 2500 foot climbs (it is her bike) so no reasons to second guess the longevity in my mind.

Keep the rubber side down

Spencer

Went to watch the "Reeth 3 day" trial at the weekend & spoke to "Factory Kev" from GGUK about his 225, he has got 2 flywheel weights fitted with a keihin carb & Raga reed block, also with a short titty pipe... It sounded "Awesome" when he had it flying up the sections!.... It must go alright as he won the clubman route on it! :banana2:

Oh, he also had titanium footrests as well...lol :hyper:

Managed to grab a quick go on Kev's bike after a trial on saturday, truly awesome!! Never expected it to be that good but it really got me thinking.

Managed to grab a quick go on Kev's bike after a trial on saturday, truly awesome!! Never expected it to be that good but it really got me thinking.

great, i see you ride a 280, give us a comparison to your bike :banana2:

cheers

great, i see you ride a 280, give us a comparison to your bike :banana2:

cheers

I really don't know how to compare it, felt like nothing i've ever rode, really strong on the bottom end but revved really high. I've always liked 280's, find my dads 250 a little soft although i'd soon get used to it. My old 2007 Raga was just how i like a bike but a little tricky to handle at the end of a big trial. Kev's bike felt really controllable but fiery if/when you need it. I'd just find one and get a go. Definitely gets the thumbs up from me and i'd have no doubts about riding one instead of my 280.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

purchased one of these kits from Gas Gas uk about a month ago after riding factory kevs

wow what a diffrence ,fitting was easy, setting up a little more difficult to suit my way of riding

transformed my 125

all i can say is a 250 that revs like a 125 and so smooth at the bottom end it

is now a 125 with a hell of a attitude [ 225 really ]

hi all

purchased one of these kits from Gas Gas uk about a month ago after riding factory kevs

wow what a diffrence ,fitting was easy, setting up a little more difficult to suit my way of riding

transformed my 125

all i can say is a 250 that revs like a 125 and so smooth at the bottom end it

is now a 125 with a hell of a attitude [ 225 really ]

did you fit any flywheel weights or does that come in the kit?

cheers