S3 225 Kit

borus

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borus, if you are serious about going this route, I do know where there is a cherry 08 125 PRO Racing model (REd frame) for sale. You can PM me for the details if you want.

cheers, steve

so where's the cherry 125? Sounds like a good way to go!

Borus, if you are serious about going this route, I do know where there is a cherry 08 125 PRO Racing model (REd frame) for sale. You can PM me for the details if you want.

cheers, steve

so where's the cherry 125? Sounds like a good way to go!

• 1 month later...

Any more updates with this 225 kit as am curious about putting one on an 08 125 racing?

More feed back as to how people are finding them would be great.

A comparison to an 08 250 gasgas would be good as ive tested one of these.

Cheers

Benz

I have just purchased a 225 which was effectively a 125 with the kit on and I have to say it is something else! I have a keihin carb and a short s3 titty pipe on. I also have a flywheel weight. I have found it is nothing like anything else I have ever ridden. It is really strong and quite fast off the bottom but revs like a 125 and pulls like a 250.I tried a big climb on it and found that it would pull 4th from a standing start without any hesitation. I find that it is such good fun, I just cant help but having a big grin across my face when i'm on it. Hope this helps.

I have just purchased a 225 which was effectively a 125 with the kit on and I have to say it is something else! I have a keihin carb and a short s3 titty pipe on. I also have a flywheel weight. I have found it is nothing like anything else I have ever ridden. It is really strong and quite fast off the bottom but revs like a 125 and pulls like a 250.I tried a big climb on it and found that it would pull 4th from a standing start without any hesitation. I find that it is such good fun, I just cant help but having a big grin across my face when i'm on it. Hope this helps.

Did you buy bike as a 225 or do the conversion yourself,plus what year bike is it based on?

Also where abouts in the country are you?

Benz

It is an 09 bike and I bought it as a 225 from GGUK as I am a supported rider. It has been prepared by Factory Kev and it has 125 jetting in the carb. He runs this on his own that was featured in the TMX and has set mine up the same. I am from near Sheffield. If you are close by or at any trials I am then you are more than welcome to have a go, it is a seriously nice piece of kit!

As far as "aftermarket" is concerned it isn't. The parts are all either oem gas gas or s3 modified, and they make Gas Gas oem anyway. The demand worldwide would not be great enough (I guess) to add this to the range so its not there as a capacity option.

I would think that "aftermarket" would mean anything bought for the bike that it wasn't originally marketted with. With the logic being put forth by you, none of the S3 parts could be considered aftermarket (bar-risers, pipes, pegs, etc).

Spencer

Well,i got to have a go on Factory Kev's 225 today!!!!

Its was very impressive,cleanist carburating bike i have every rode,trials that is!!

Power is soft,yet it revs high but is very linear with no rushes or surges of power.........................

Feels like you could ride the bike hard and it wont drag you thru the section if you get it wrong,i would imagine it would give you more time?

Power is ample for most,even at expert level,tho it may struggle in the hands of a top rider trying indoor size stuff!

Well done Kev,think ill start to build one as a winter projeect?

Benz

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,another twist on the 225...........

Could you use a 125/200 crank in a 250????

Afterall,the 225 kit is a standard 250cc piston with a 250 barrel which has had the deck hieghts changed,or to put it simpler,has been machined top and bottom to get desired port timing.

Any body got any thoughts or can confirm the above thoughts??

CHEERS!

• 3 weeks later...