Election Over!

copemech

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Obama made a better case for becoming president, when he spoke he sounded like his words had meaning and truth to them.

All the tripe about tax cuts and how they would best help Joe the plumber by both parties are hollow words and sales pitches, I was more influenced by who could stand up in front of the people, sound like a world leader and make you believe them, Bush was poor at this, McCain was better and Obama was better than both.

I think Obama, will do more to get both parties working together, mend broken bridges world wide, and also gain more respect from other world leaders.

I don't agree with free trade, I'm all for fair trade, but I think the Bush administration sold out to the highest bidder, I think Obama will do more to create job's in the US.

The nation voted, they seem to think the same.

Brian R Posted Today, 10:13 AM

All I can say is I woke up in France this morning with out all the freedom.

You just now realized you lost freedoms??? When was the "Patriot Act" enacted? That is when we lost a bunch of freedoms. If memory serves that happened long before the election.

OK on one side we got Republicans that want the Government to be able to know everything you do, own and think.

On the other side Democrats that want the Government to be able to provide and care for you for the rest of your life.

This is why I believe we need a serious 3rd party, that will butt out of my private life and only provide assistance to those that fall on hard times but help them get back to being self-sufficient.

Just my own opinions

Zippy, I agree with most of that, and I think most people do too.

I'd like to see a poll as to how many didn't care for either candidate.

I guess at this point all we can do is see how it turns out. I'm guessing it

will get worse before it gets better. I also think ANYTHING that goes wrong

will be blamed on the previous administration.

I know there are a LOT of UK people on here. How's your health care?

We here stories about how great it is and we hear stories of people dieing

because that can't get into see a doctor. I've also heard about stacking up

ambulances with folks in them.

I have taken the time to look at Baracks upbringing and have been amazed at this mans life to this point and yesterdays overwhelming endorsement as president elect.

The enormous influence your country has on shaping the future for my grandchildren seems a whole lot more promising today.

I hope you give him a chance to bring some stability back to your countrys economic problems and he can be the pillar that can get a resolution in the wars that has taken so many young American lives.

If he was in my country I would have voted for him.

We have a newish Government here Brian and they have walked into a huge surplus and they are taking the credit for it being there, it works both ways with politicians.

I think a lot of the problem is the media. You don't get the whole story. For instance, the republicans tried to stop the sub prime loans that have caused the problems we are having but the democrats have had the majority in congress for over 2 years now and fought against stopping the loans, so folks got loans that they couldn't afford. What do we hear from the media? " The Failed Policies of the Bush Administration". I know if people here can't get unbiased information than folks around the world can't. I'd just like the truth from the media.They seem to slant everything to fit their agenda. It shouldn't be one big editorial.

Bushes first term I would of voted for him, and even the second term, although not as keen I thought he deserved the chance to prove himself. Both parties are too busy falling out to get anything worth while done.

Can this new chap get them working together and get something accomplished that is in the best interest for all, I think he want's too, as he said last night "not as a Democrat, or a republican, but has an American".

I thought Bush deserved the chance, I now think people need to give Obama a chance, I don't care which party they belong too, it's more important to me they can sort the problems facing both the world and the country.

A big change is needed, is he the real deal ?.

Yep media reports what sounds good and will get viewers.

I think Brian R. Made a good point, the way I interpret his point is that true power to control the country lies in the Congress and Legislature.

The President is a "Figure head" of sorts. Yes he has control and powers, he can Veto a Bill, but remember if Congress and Legislature really wants it to pass they can overrule his Veto.

I also agree with Ishy that an important part of the Presidents job is to get both sides to work together for the best interest of The U.S.A. Not the best interest of that Representative or Special Interest Group.

I am not against Special Interest Groups as a whole, sometimes one Group does come up with something that is good for the whole U.S.

My comments are just the ramblings of a grumpy almost old man...........(unless you ask my kids then I am ancient) :D