Election Over!

copemech

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable how long it all goes on and how much money is wasted in the process. Just think what that money could have been used for.The UK was heading for a recession no doubt but what happened in the USA dragged us down big time. Lets hope the new bloke can walk the walk as well as he talks the talk. I bet they don't cover our elections for 1% of the time we covered theirs. Unbelieveable, glad it is over. :D;)

African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this country, a black man still can't catch a break.

From the Onion.

The message that this portrays is his colour.

You could turn that last paragragh around a bit and it might come out "It just goes to show you a white career polititian with unlimited advice and resourses can near break a country".

Talks cheap, what we should be mindful of is Obama has the courage to step forward in his belief he can help all Americans knowing full well his life is now forever at risk.

I bet JFK would be having a good ole chin wag with Baracks grandmother on the state of the Nation.

African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this country, a black man still can't catch a break.

From the Onion.

I just hope the country does not turn into a big Chicago! Texas can still recede!

Edited by copemech

I thought trials riders were a bit more level headed than some of their posts suggest, I think both Obama or McCain would improve world opinion on the US, the majority of US citizens went for Obama, many countries don't have that option.

I couldn't vote because I kept my British citizenship, Ham's post don't make me too proud of that at the moment.

I would of gone for Obama if I could vote.

Hmm what's the old saying ..never discuss religion or politics.

;) C'mon Ishy no offence intended, I was taking the 'P' out of the American redneck mentality by using my in-built British sense of irony(it's not funny when you have to explain it :D ).

Anyway,my aunty retains dual nationality and I'm sure? that she was eligible for 'half a vote?!' if she made a financial contribution somewhere down the line.

I've been very impressed that we could have a civil conversation about politics when it's so easy to get heated.

Thanks to all of you for that. Being a straight white male conservative Christian seems to be a rarity today and we are the first usually be "attacked" for our beliefs.

HAM 2, what exactly is the "Redneck American Mentality"? I must have missed that class in school, or maybe it was because it was in 7th grade and none of us make it past 5th grade? I had to quit school to go shoot large animals and make moonshine out at the cabin. I had to make enough money to fix my 1974 4x4 F-150 and have a bunch of kids with my first cousin. Don't laugh, seven fingers on the left hand of little Johny come in handy when he plays his banjo.

Being a straight white male conservative Christian seems to be a rarity today and we are the first usually be "attacked" for our beliefs.

So you are a conservative! That's fine! But what has being straight, white and a Christian got to do with anything?