Yet Another Topic From Me

shercoman2k8

Well, to be honest I've been a bit of a tit... I bought some rather cheap custom graphics on ebay, they came and were awfully thin with the smallest of protective layer!

These ones "linky"

They needed a tiny amount of trimming to fit properly but they went on and looked pretty smart but after the first time they got wet the protective layer seems to have worn through and the graphics now feel like paper! I've sprayed allsorts on them, about 3 layers of lacquer and then a spray of silicon stuff... However, this seems to of worn through already! So... do any of you know of any sprays that leave a THICK protective layer? (bit like me really!)

Many regards,

Jamie

Edited by shercoman2k8

Ouch! and that listing said something about 5 years??

This whole decal thing seems to be a bit of a scam these days. Of course it's much easier for just about anyone to get the gear to do it now. I remember over a decade ago getting a smallish batch of Bultaco 199A decals made locally at a proper printing company with UV Varnished coating. They cost a bomb even though I created the 4:1 Artwork, Still got it in fact. They were good decals though!

Wayne...

I purchased some bumper film via ebay to cover side panels etc. Works very well but a pig to apply to large area's without creases.

The add had a picture of an Aston Martin but I can't remember the name of it though!

Right, Ive found a few possible solutions... all in sheet form, so, Am I best just covering the bike with it then trimming it and tucking some to the frame side of the plastics to help avoid peeling or getting it cut to the same shape as the graphics with a tiny bit of overlap?

Cheers,

Jamie

Hey try this along with a heat gun.

Factory effex clear sheet

A pack contains three sheets worth is is barely enough to cover a bike so i would get two packs since this would be your first attempt.

Use the heat gun to form it and spread out the bubbles.

I currently have white on my bike and my roommate cleared over his thin orange and black powder coating.

The heat gun is the key in getting it to form and it will look oem when your done.

Its thick stuff and the clear is 100% oem looking. I think you will be happy trying it.

downsized_0301091413a.jpg

Patsorgangegasgas.jpg

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

That actually looks pretty clean for a Biff original, white with red yokes and such!

Tell us again what the WGASA stands for? Never knew myself really!

Back in the old MX days, we did have team LAGNAF (Lets All Get Nice And Friendly), some suggested other meanings! :D

That actually looks pretty clean for a Biff original, white with red yokes and such!

Tell us again what the WGASA stands for? Never knew myself really!

Back in the old MX days, we did have team LAGNAF (Lets All Get Nice And Friendly), some suggested other meanings! :D

I THINK it may stand for "who gives a **** anyhow" Am I correct?

As a member in good standing (or falling depends on the section) of Team WGASA I can say with all authority WGASA stands for

Who Gives A S*** Anyway

If you go riding and place 5th out of 5 (I have quite often) WGASA!!

If you can't seem to clean that section WGASA!!

If you look silly as hell flying over the bars after your front tire misses the "catch" log on the other side. WGASA!!

The whole point is to have fun and live to ride another day.

Zippy's right on.

It loosely based organization that has no major rules. The only requirement for membership is an unusual crash story or crash experience. If you are too focused on impressing who ever or winning then this is not the club for you... Previously this was an Enduro team my dad started and was also known as the polish trials team... No offense to any of my fellow polocks out there. I am one of you....

--Biff (proud to be part of team wgasa)

Yeah I am proud of it. I have only scratched one fork leg so far.

Couple more pics for your viewing pleasure.

downsized_0301091413b.jpg

0214092101.jpg

Oh and here is one of the carbon that they have.

That stuff is a bit thicker but it came out great.

The flame pinstripeing was not included.

biffspro2.jpg

--Biff

Biff is also a major wizard when it come to powder coat.

No decals here it is two tone powder coat, I am very pleased with the outcome.

post-692-1236132483.jpg

First did 2 coats of white, then used vinyl sticky letters to spell wgasa, spray a coat of black, bake, and sticky letters curled from heat and go bye bye.

Edited by ZIPPY