What Style Of Sections?

twinshocked

Should Twin Shock events have sections in a traditional style or should we join the hip-hop crowd?

Traditional I think. Whatever period of bike you ride, I think it should be ridden how it was intended to be ridden, and I think when most twinshocks were built, the intention was to ride them in more of a non-stop style rather than stop and hop. apart from maybe the top lads hehe.

Tom

hey

i think the sections should be just ridable but hopping should be ok lejeune did it in 1982 so why not? also bigger steps are no problem on a twinshock for a good rider

regards bob

Should Twin Shock events have sections in a traditional style or should we join the hip-hop crowd?

:huh: Having a laugh ent ya? :banana2:

I can just see the Sammys and Trad Rounds running on TSR 22A :blink:

IMO Follow the same rules as modern trials, in my case I ride a modern bike, but own old bikes and desire to compete in vintage trials events, I would rather not have to play by different rules, too confusing, too much difference in technique, I started riding trials in '81 the rules had changed by then to allow stoping and backing, very few club riders could hop at that time, when trials changed to no stop for a few years too many riders didn't like it, I suspect the only riders who would be opposed to no stop are ones who can't hop, BTW I can't hop but I prefer to be able to stop with out fiveing.

hey

imo you should be able to stop hop what ever, but the sections should be real twinshock sections ( ridable and not dangerous) so there would be no need to hop the bike

in a no stop event you can hop the bike too or even do a flickturn or jump on the rear wheel (bou style) i prefer not to hop but if the section is to tight there is no other way.

regards bob

I found the hip-hop comment offensive, I suppose you ment it to be...modern trials riders are not hip-hopers, nothing to do with motorcycling but a style of music/lifestyle or clothing style. I think this debate will continue for ever, at our local events the vintage class follows the same rules as modern bikes, the sections are designed so as to not need to hop, although Itsa uses no stop, doesn't make any sense to me but as long as the majority rules and this is a democratic decision I have no problem with it

Edited by MotoVintage

Personally I reckon running modern rules with sections being set to traditional, that is hopping not needed is the best compromise. I normally ride in modern events but can't hop so having to think the whole time is that a stop for a 5 or not is likely to mean I don't ride well

Just my opionion for what its worth

I thought abought this over the weekend,...why not make the rules apply to the year the bike was manufactured????? if it was made in 1981 or after it was manufactured to follow the rules of that year that did allow stoping, so if your riding a Fantic or SWM twinshock most likely it was designed for the rules that allow the rider to stop, if you are riding a pre '74 bike then no stop.. I know this will never work , but the discussion is as rediculous as the topic starter, one thing is for sure, trials rules will continue to change as our sport and the bikes evolve

In all of Bob Ginder's ITSA events...stop and balance is allowed, itsa skill afterall (pun intended...). Put a foot down while stopped and itsa 5...backing up is also a 5...

Murray

oh...my bad, that is good to know, that is close to the rules from the early eighties anyway