Trials Game For Xbox 360!

biffsgasgas

Hi guys,

The guys at Redlynx are glad that this community found out about their game and I was sent here by Redlynx's artistic director Antti Ilvessuo to give you guys info on the game and see what real trials riders think of it.

The guys @ Redlynx and I (just a dedicated fan, I don't work for Redlynx) apreciate all consructive criticism, what do you guys think?

Pass along to them that trials bikes don't have high front fenders. Something as basic as that, they got wrong. Never mind the ridiculous air time, back flips, etc. Maybe a great game, and lots of fun, but calling it "Trials" is a joke of the highest order.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pass along to them that trials bikes don't have high front fenders. Something as basic as that, they got wrong. Never mind the ridiculous air time, back flips, etc. Maybe a great game, and lots of fun, but calling it "Trials" is a joke of the highest order.
Alas, someone more blunt than i. Check out Motoracer 3.

Most bikes in Trials HD don't have any front fenders at all. You probably saw one of the MX bikes. Those are only for beginner tracks, which are very easy and fast so that the novice players can get the basic controls. It's a demographic thing like I explained earlier. Being a pro trials rider yourself, it is very hard to understand how hard this game is for the uninitiated player. The first Redlynx Trials game was based on realism and looked more like a real indoor trials competition. Redlynx had to deal with some criticism because the average player couldn't beat most of the tracks.

Trials HD relies on the same control mechanics that made this game a success in the first place, although it has evolved in the physics department.

About the sick airtime and flips: this is not meant to be a simulator and never claimed to be one. It's a common practice in the gaming inustry to push the limits further than in real life.There are a lot of tracks that don't have fast segments and are composed of technical obstacles. Oh and don't forget the level editor, with it you can create anything you want, the entire game was built using the same tool.

This, IMO, qualifies as a 2D ARCADE Trials game. (sry no sound)

Yeah the track is insanely over the top, it was meant to be and requested by a handful of hardcore trials gamers, 98.75% of players can't see the finish line.

990 out of 79565 players passed this track, half of which had more than 88 faults on their best run, even though they have unlimited tries..It is, arguably, the hardest track in the entire game. I had to show the other extreme of the medal, because often, the footage seen in videos show the other extreme, which are fast and simple tracks with big jumps that cater more to the casual gamer, but there's plenty of stuff in between, but it definitely is a trials games, and yes it has some non-trials tracks as well.

Edited by QcChopper

Qchopper

Well that last video looks good !!!!!!!

Well be getting it on the xbox !

As for some of the comments I think some people on here are being rather harsh ?

Thanks for the kind words smudger984, I am looking forward to see you on the game's online leaderboards and forums.

As for the video, keep in mind that it's of Trials 2 SE for PC, and Trials HD (only for XBOX 360) is better at every aspect of the game. I have other videos of technical tracks in Trials 2 SE too, just look at my other youtube videos if you wish to see some more.

As for the harsh comments, it's ok for many reasons. I knew before coming here that this community would be much more knowledgeable about trials riding than video games and I take this with a grain of salt. My belief was that a game that requires skill, finesse, timing, precision and balance while riding a trials bike through some crazy obstacles would find a niche here, but of course, not everybody will like it, some probably won't even give it a chance. There's also the fact that all of this is speculation until we get to play the game so things could change after the release date too.

Anyway, the perfect trials game, if it existed, would be a total flop and most likely wouldn't sell enough to cover one tenth of the developers expenses. Basic knowledge in gaming demographics, 25 years of gaming and working on two independant games has told me this: it's a pipe dream. I don't see the goal of making such a game if there isn't the target public in place to make it viable. That's why the trials mode in Moto Racer 3 was just a small part of the game, if the entire game was about trials, let's be honest, it would not have sold much at all, and I don't say that to put it down, there's just no market for this type of game.

But I am glad that some of you are excited about this game and have already registered on Trials HD's forums. Hope I see more of you guys there, and on the game's leaderboards of course! ;)

Edited by QcChopper

I think the game looks fantastic. It is great that someone is even developing a trials game. I am surprised that people are picking fault because it is not realistic to proper trials in some ways.

The kick start tv program was not realistic to proper trials but that did the sport no harm. It was what got me involved. I had never heard of trials until I saw that. Anything in the entertainment industry is exagerated, whether it is tv, a film or a game. They would all be pretty boring if they all exactly true to life.

This could have the same effect as other games like Rockband, which has caused an increase in people bothering to learn to play real instruments after playing them on Rockband, and they are not realistic at all. Hopefully a game like this could have the same effect, bring trials to people that never even knew it existed, or were not interested before.

It would be great on the Wii.

QcChopper

I have the RedLynx 3D game for the PC although I never played on it much as its way too difficult. Those moves in that YouTube Vid of yours are just sick.

This will find a market for sure but there isn't much chance of it appealing to most of the folk on here - But should the game developers want to make something more in tune with the massess that ride 'normal' trials, then a good place would be to look at the SSDT - Taking real video footage of those sections and being able to ride them on screen would be epic - Probably need a Wii as suggested before to maximise the games enjoyment though.

Great to see that the Games World is seriously looking at trials - I see it as a very positive move ( albeit indoor style only )

Ok, played the demo on xbox this afternoon for half hour or so. All i found was Motocross bikes and tracks that make you backflip. I know trials and i know gaming, and at no point did the game make me feel that i was anywhere near a trials bike, trials rider or trials course so in my honest opinion this game should be called FMX HD.

Of course the above is just my opinion.

Edited by SawTooth

I was up till 4 am playing this game!!!! I am a pos at work now but ehhh I work so I can trials...

0812091923.jpg

Don't let the first few levels fool you with the motocross feel and look as it gets harder it gets real.

As soon as you get to the hard and masters level you will have to pull out that whole rule book of what not to do in trials.

I realized that not only do i stink at trails in real life i am also a virtual failure at trials!!!! hahahahaha :huh:

I had to comendere my roomates xbox360 and set up a xbox live account but i love this game.

I have had a few epic fails but a second attempt got me through.

I had some awesome jap zaps and rear wheel pogo's and nose wheelies into obsticals to get lined up. It also shows me crashing pretty realisticly.

Thanks QcChopper. Very very happy customer. I am not sure how to do the whole play online or chat yet but its biffsgasgas.

--Biff

I like it.

A mate of mine (who happens to be a developer) tipped me off the demo was out. Played it for a while last night, downloaded the full game this morning. No, not exactly trials but great fun anyway.

Got through to the medium level with all golds pretty much straight away and I'm a novice gamer so not sure how long it'll last. Skill games are a nice touch.

I think 1500points is quite a bit to pay, may put many off.

Had a quick loom at the track designer - seems like it could take a lot of work for little return, not sure i'd bother with it. nice to see you can share/steal your friends designs though!

Cheers

Rick.

I was up till 4 am playing this game!!!! I am a pos at work now but ehhh I work so I can trials...

0812091923.jpg

Don't let the first few levels fool you with the motocross feel and look as it gets harder it gets real.

As soon as you get to the hard and masters level you will have to pull out that whole rule book of what not to do in trials.

I realized that not only do i stink at trails in real life i am also a virtual failure at trials!!!! hahahahaha :huh:

I had to comendere my roomates xbox360 and set up a xbox live account but i love this game.

I have had a few epic fails but a second attempt got me through.

I had some awesome jap zaps and rear wheel pogo's and nose wheelies into obsticals to get lined up. It also shows me crashing pretty realisticly.

Thanks QcChopper. Very very happy customer. I am not sure how to do the whole play online or chat yet but its biffsgasgas.

--Biff

Thanks Biff, I would add you to my list, but it's full for now, I will, however, clean some friends in the near future and allow many new friends to come, and I'll do this every now and then. I'll announce when I take new friends in my "QcChopper's insane creations" thread on Redlynx forums. This way, I can get more tracks, and more users can get mine.