biffsgasgas

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep Biff they got your crash style down perfectly!!! :thumbup:

I like it and hopefully they have a trials bike as one of the "unlockable" bikes.

I would like to see a trials game for the Wii. Could be awesome, hold the controls like holding handlebars, twist the Wii remote like the throttle and the B button on remote could be front brake and the Z button on chuck could be clutch.

Swooshdave,

if ya look real close at the rider in that screen shot...........He has exactly the same traction inducing weight hanging over his belt that I've got!!

:thumbup: and I got something in common!

I used to make trials sections with excite bike. My friends would get so ticked because all i wanted to do is come up this bank from the bottom of the screen but land on the platform. They wanted to race.....

Excite_Bike_NES_ScreenShot4.jpg

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

This looks cool, but what I'd like to see is a trials game for the Wii that has you stand on the balance board and use the motion sensing controllers. This way we work on could getting better balance, leg strength and jump timing durng the winter months.

Hi guys,

The guys at Redlynx are glad that this community found out about their game and I was sent here by Redlynx's artistic director Antti Ilvessuo to give you guys info on the game and see what real trials riders think of it.

Here are the official forums for Trials HD (XBOX 360 live arcade) and Trials 2 SE (PC), come here if you want more up to date info or speak with the game creators themselves. (They always answer questions and would like your feedback as well) This is a great community with plenty of passionate fans.

http://www.redlynxtrials.com/forum/index.php

Here are the 4 trailers for Trials HD, more coming very soon!

Overview trailer:

Emotional trailer:

Gameplay trailer:

Level Editor trailer:

Level Editor in action: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=79919

Here is the full features list of Trials HD:

http://www.redlynxtrials.com/forum/viewtop...f=28&t=1553

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you probably see, Trials HD has some pretty over-the-top crazy arcade levels, but rest assured, the physics model is very accurate and incredibly detailed. When they first created the forums, the guys @ Redlynx received feedback from fans that the Trials games were much too hard while a handful of other hardcore fans like myself were asking for more incredibly challenging tracks, so there are 2 schools of thought about this game, and Redlynx tried to make everybody happy with a good quantity of easy and fast paced tracks, but they still make some hardcore technical mayhem tracks and plenty of tracks in-between. Don't forget the level editor included, this tool was the tool used by the developers to make all the tracks in the game so this is a real powerful tool to give the gamers that will expand the game's life tenfold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't have an XBOX or want to see the last game of the series for PC: Trials 2 SE is a great game that not many people know about, which is a shame. Here are some trailers for it and a free demo. (the demo tracks might be too easy for you guys though)

Trailers:

Demo:

http://download.redlynxtrials.com/download...8_installer.exe

@ SawToot: you are referring to the trials mode in Moto Racer 3, and while it was 3d, scripted moves (total absence of physics) made it very dull compared to the detailed physics engine that keeps getting better and better with each Redlynx Trials games of which Trials HD is the 7th.

@GasGasben: X360 only.

The guys @ Redlynx and I (just a dedicated fan, I don't work for Redlynx) apreciate all consructive criticism, what do you guys think?

Edited by QcChopper

@ SawToot: you are referring to the trials mode in Moto Racer 3, and while it was 3d, scripted moves (total absence of physics) made it very dull compared to the detailed physics engine that keeps getting better and better with each Redlynx Trials games of which Trials HD is the 7th.

Ahh yes Motoracer, i for one (being a 28yr old hardcore gamer) am well into realism so much prefer the more realistic games, the trials in Motoracer was good because it had real looking bikes and tracks without the over the top air and arcade feel and the fact that it was very 3D offering twisting tracks with tight turns kept me entertained for a long time. That said i'm sure the RedLynx game will do very well and top marks for going for a very hard genre to catch in game form.

A quick pick of Motoracers trials offering for reference...

2h55yl3.jpg

moto3_790screen014.jpg

For me, the ultimate trials game would be on the latest generation consoles complete with realistic sound and graphics and very much like Motoracers offering but with licensed bikes, sponsors and real life tracks, with yearly downloadable content offering the previous years tracks and courses. The way i see it the target market is trials/motocross riders, and they are the exact people who would relish in realism. The kind of people who wont notice the lack of realism are people would tire of the game very quickly anyway. (all my opinion of course)

Edited by SawTooth

Ahh yes Motoracer, i for one (being a 28yr old hardcore gamer) am well into realism so much prefer the more realistic games, the trials in Motoracer was good because it had real looking bikes and tracks without the over the top air and arcade feel and the fact that it was very 3D offering twisting tracks with tight turns kept me entertained for a long time. That said i'm sure the RedLynx game will do very well and top marks for going for a very hard genre to catch in game form.

A quick pick of Motoracers trials offering for reference...

2h55yl3.jpg

moto3_790screen014.jpg

I totally get what you are saying, I love games that involves physics and balancing things. I liked the trials mode in Moto Racer 3 very much, but I grew bored of it very quickly. Had it offered physics and a sense of balance, I'd still be playing this today. I have played around 250 hours of Trails 2 SE on the PC (+ countless hours on old flash versions) and I just can't get tired of this, ever, EVER. But don't let the arcady look of the game fool you though, the controls are really technical and ultra precise, this is truly a game of skill. Maybe some of you real observed trials rider will find the control scheme oversimplified (throttle, brake, lean left, lean right) but while it is extremely easy to learn, it's incredibly hard to master. Trials 2 SE is, IMO, one of the (on the hard levels) hardest, most grueling, fiendish, excruciating games you'll ever get to play, and it'll have you come back for more if you're anything like me. I would not expect from a real trial rider to let some crappy video game obstacles stand between him and the next checkpoint ;)

EDIT: I posted my reply before your edit.

I totally agree, and I would be one of the first to jump rear wheel first into that game, but I think it's target demographic is really small, almost nonexistent outside of Europe and Australia.

I think the game would suffer the same fate as the PC 4x4 rock crawling game, Motorm4x. It's a really well done game that caters to a specific type of gamer. It never took off, despite being the game that actually deliver the most realistic 4x4 rock crawling experience IMO. I do believe that the same thing would happen with a real observed trials game and that's a shame, but I don't mind to much because in 1 week, I get to play Trials HD and hopefully, this game will be popular enough so that Redlynx gets the funding to make even better games.

Edited by QcChopper