Minders =$

northernnorm

Anyone else out there amused by the number of minders working with support class riders. The average time in the S line in NY had to be less than 15 seconds not much need for a timekeeper so I guess having someone carry the water is worth $40 to some riders.

I have had minders who don't think that they are good enough to ride a national but want to know what the format and level of ability that is needed before they spend the money. So I label this topic as Minder =experience as well. My father was my minder in NY and it was just an opprotunity for him to ride with me. He really didn't need to be there.

--Biff

I have had minders who don't think that they are good enough to ride a national but want to know what the format and level of ability that is needed before they spend the money. So I label this topic as Minder =experience as well. My father was my minder in NY and it was just an opprotunity for him to ride with me. He really didn't need to be there.

--Biff

Good point. It could be a stepping stone for future National riders to see what its all about. I don't see any negative in it unless they start to clog up the trail.

Maybe some NATC guidelines on how to be a good minder, trail manners, might be needed to instruct the newbies.

In Golf everyone is entitled to a caddy, not just the good players. They paid their entry and have just as much right to be there as anyone.

....and if the PROS ARE WORRIED about being slowed by them on the trail then maybe they shouldn't WASTE 1+ hour Dicking Around at the first section!

Edited by the observer

. Im minding to haul water spectate help if the rider or his bike is injured and donate $40 per day plus additional land use fees if required. Im one of the slowest minders on the loop but I can hear a bike comming up on me and get off the loop before he ever has to slow down.

....and if the PROS ARE WORRIED about being slowed by them on the trail then maybe they shouldn't WASTE 1+ hour Dicking Around at the first section!

Uhhmmmm, this sounds like something I would say, I cannot believe it! ;)

You tell me Norm, How about stopping on the loop in Nebraska to see if you need help, the loan of the snips and electrical tape! I know all he people setting in line appreciated the water I offered and the people I helped fix their bikes so that they could finish we're glad that I was there!

I'm perfectly able to ride the Nationals but I prefer to help my son,This was his first year to ride the nationals so helping him was my priority. Did I help him? I suppose you would have to ask him but he did well and had fun so I guess we did alright

Sure I'm there for my son first but I'll help anyone who asks even direct competition in our class. ;)

spinner Posted Yesterday, 11:29 PM

I'll help anyone who asks even direct competition in our class. thumbup.gif

And that is what makes our sport so special and unique. Also what makes it so hard for the General Competitive Motorsports People to understand.

I had a minder for the 2 rounds I rode couple of years ago and I am glad he was there. He not only carried water, tools and my broken shift lever, ( was stuck in 2nd gear for 3/4 of the loop ;) ) But he also helped me to relax, I was so nervous cuz I was riding a NATIONAL. And I am in my 30's and rode Sportsman class.

I have no problems with the extra riders on the loop,or the $ they drop; I was more commenting on how silly simple many of the NY Sup sections were actually. I know first hand the importance of learning the ropes ,if you have a talented and committed rider ,than the sooner you can get a team established the better .

Hummmm, All good in the hood! Good to see others helping others, and the kids!

As I recall, there was a rule in the books about riders recieving outside assistance. Could be a touchy point, yet we all try to help each other for the most part I think.

I would never like to see it used as a protest.

Even the Pros need to give on the loop, use common sense! Be careful! and respectfull of others! ;)