Sense At Last

dixie

Dixie - You have totally lost me now

You seem to honestly believe that all I say is from an Officials point of view - and that you speak from a riders point of view. I would hazzard a guess that you have never ridden anything like as much as I have. I would hazzard a guess that I still ride more than you do - so I lose track of your train of thought.

You have managed to make me laugh howver when you state - You have to agree " we" pay your wages . No you do not - no-one pays my wages - and as I have stated on this Forum many times - No ACU Commitee person , No ACU Commitee Chairman, No ACU Chairman overall and no ACU Director gets paid - so for sure nobody is paying my wages - but the very thought of it has amused me - as well as you have amused me by saying that I see things just as an Official and not a rider - so I am going to forgive you for past missaprehensions and wish you luck in your future posts.

Did you pay your own way to the european meetings ,, Expences is a big word at the moment,,

You still seem to think you can tell how much a person rides from there veiwpoint, do you drive a car????? if you do then you are a hobby motorcyclist.

I have never driven a car and dont have a car licence,so i doupt very much you have riden more than me (bet that supprises you) i have riden a motorcycle evrey day for nearly forty years i have owned 70 of the bloody things and they are my life ,so part timer I HAVE RIDEN MORE THAN YOU ,PROBBABLY MORE THAN ENEYONE ON THIS SITE,but i dont presume that and will gladly shut up if someone can beat my record ,I think i have got a right to coment

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going non stop will down this way loose riders in events, I have spoken to a few over the past week and I am sure it will happen, I remember the last time we went non stop and the riders who packed in including myself. My reason for packing in was the massive change in the sport overnight when I was used to nothing else but hopping and stopping, I did give it a good go but it was never the same. I have a feeling alot of the lads will pack up,they like Trials because of the tricks and will dearly miss that,hopefully many will stick with it but I do feel alot will move on to other sports from what I've seen. I can remember the first non stop trial I did (Oxford Ixion I think) there was a young lad who would regualry come 1st or 2nd on the hard route, he pretty much came last and soon left the sport. Yes the youth will adapt to it if it goes non stop,but many wont and I am pretty sure its the hopping about and tricks that gets the young lads started into the sport in the first place not ease of riding Trials. I dont beleive people go and watch a club trial and think "oh I cant do that sport - I'll never learn how to hop about like that" when in the main most of the field are doing the B and C routes anyway and from my experience the new guys into the sport including all the over 40's Ive ridden with want to know how to hop.

You just said the guy gave up because it got to hard ???? from top two to last ,and then said its too easy make you mind up???????

It's a shame that this thread has gone from observing rules to ACU bashing.

Im certainly not bashing the ACU but it seems reading through all the posts that we are are caught up in our individual preferences of the rules which I stated above, is only ONE component of a riders trials experience.

People dont like seeing the government make sweeping changes when it benefits the city whilst the borders suffer - We are seeing more and more that local choice is the answer and the options in place right now for rules give that don't they? To get more people riding I think the overwhelming area to look at is section design and severity.

IMHO :lol:

Edited by AtomAnt

It's a shame that this thread has gone from observing rules to ACU bashing.

I dont think it has turned into that ,the acu are a necissary evil in some peoples eyes (mine included) but i never doupt those hard working peoples efforts, but it seems if you so much as raise a point they dont agree with you are a heritic.... long live the ACU....... :lol:

Im certainly not bashing the ACU but it seems reading through all the posts that we are are caught up in our individual preferences of the rules which I stated above, is only ONE component of a riders trials experience.

People dont like seeing the government make sweeping changes when it benefits the city whilst the borders suffer - We are seeing more and more that local choice is the answer and the options in place right now for rules give that don't they? To get more people riding I think the overwhelming area to look at is section design and severity.

IMHO :lol:

here here

Dixie, he didnt pack up because it was too hard at all, he packed up because the sport changed so much overnight he lost interest, shouldnt think he lost much sleep over it at 17, lets hope lots of other lads dont do the same or the whole non stop route will have been the worst change ever for rider numbers. Easy? yes that section was easy as non stop but I think it was set to be a hard one, how would that section change to make it harder now? was my point as an already non stop type section

In his wisdom Andy has given me Moderator options whilst he's away on his holidays. I've closed the other thread & I'll close this one. Give over name calling / baiting & discuss the original topic.

Agreed, this thread was interesting originally as it had important discussion in it, now its interesting only in a morbid car crash type way, its just not constructive anymore.

Its a shame too as i can see lots of very good views for and against the stop/no-stop issue over the last 10 pages.

Andy.

This topic has gone the same way as every other topic on this subject. It ends up with a few balanced views, largely from people who don't care which set of rules is used as it makes no difference to them or the trials they ride in, therefore they can see pros and cons in either. Then there are the strong advocates of 'the rules must be those that I prefer' which inevitably end up in the kind of 'I'm right, you're wrong' posts we have now. Human nature, just like best bike, best football team, best tits... No different from any other forum, whatever the subject matter.

To talk of closing the thread just because of this is ridiculous, a forum is to express the opinion of people, right or wrong, just the same as a pointless discussion down the pub after a few beers which is forgotten in the morning. Should people be thrown out of the pub for having a pointless discussion - licencing trade would collapse within a week. Moderaters closing topics is no different from the 'I'm right, you're wrong' opinion in some of the posts, it's effectively saying, my ball, play my way or I'll take it away. If posts get heavily abusive or littered with foul language, that's a different matter, but this one wasn't. This forum is already a lot quieter following the loss of a few characters, people just won't bother posting if heavy 'policing' is in force.

There is never going to be a 100% sensible discussion on any topic, especially this one or best bike etc. If people think what is being posted is trolling or has no purpose just ignore the post. If enough feel that way the topic will fizzle out on its own. But people aren't like that are they - that's why we have forums.....

It is a sad day when you loose the freedom of speach............

Just looked up trolling on google , BIT HARSH dont you think,if you dont aggree with some one STOP THE TROLL.....

That is trolling isnt it ......

never mind i will go and poke the dog with a sharp stick .....................

Edited by Dixie

I think this post has been very interesting in the whole and I wouldn't want to see it closed either but the name calling and baiting should be cut back.

Interestingly I'd mark Dixie on a three so far a few others on one or two but no one has stopped yet so even in this very tough section no fives. Must be a well laid out post.

Edited by bigfoot