Is It Time For A Spin Off

dixie

After my post about the return to no stop lots of valid points have been made..

There are definitly two camps trials riders and trick riders.

Is it time for a spin off /new style of trials ?????

you now get extrem endoro H&H , cross country,time card ect.

The motocross boys get supercross and regular.

Is it time we had a new breed of trials championship????

Lots of peole will say we have classic champs and indoor ,all valid points,but there is no champs or series wich caters for ordinary blokes on modern bikes ,I hope this will change under the new rules ,but do we need a new champs for the kids and hoppers,I think they have it now but not many bother to ride...

Imagine a seperate series you could run in a car park or arena ???? the young ones would love it,instead of having a seperate rout for school boys have it for the trick riders and lump all the people that want to actually ride fairly against the terrain a real no stop trial and put the hotties in the car park,they could stay clean (clothes and scores) that would make them really happy , we could all get muddy and have a laugh.sorted//

Edited by Dixie

And I suppose you would get reported to the observer if you did a pivot turn or a small back wheel hop. I see a lot of regular riders of all ages on modern bikes use some techniques you could say are modern and car park style.

Some clubs orientate their trials to 'technical and some to 'traditional.' It is enjoyable to try some modest versions the techniques of what the top riders do. If you want old fashioned trials ride a twin shock and enter the traditional championships.

And I suppose you would get reported to the observer if you did a pivot turn or a small back wheel hop. I see a lot of regular riders of all ages on modern bikes use some techniques you could say are modern and car park style.

Some clubs orientate their trials to 'technical and some to 'traditional.' It is enjoyable to try some modest versions the techniques of what the top riders do. If you want old fashioned trials ride a twin shock and enter the traditional championships.

I do ,i ride a triumph 500 twin ,a fantic 240 twinshock, and a montesa 4rt, I will always have a ride most weekends ,or observe,its all fun to me and its not my championships that are up the spout,we are talking about the problems and looking for answers,On a good day i can still beat a few young ones ,BUT I WILL NEVER WEAR A LYCRA SUIT.... :lol:

After my post about the return to no stop lots of valid points have been made..

There are definitly two camps trials riders and trick riders. Rubbish, I am quite happy to ride under both, Jordi on here does the same, I am sure there are many more.

Is it time for a spin off /new style of trials ????? Try it if you like but its a waste of time.

you now get extrem endoro H&H , cross country,time card ect.

The motocross boys get supercross and regular.

Is it time we had a new breed of trials championship???? For what for whom? Which group is not catered for?

Lots of peole will say we have classic champs and indoor ,all valid points,but there is no champs or series wich caters for ordinary blokes on modern bikes ,I hope this will change under the new rules ,but do we need a new champs for the kids and hoppers,I think they have it now but not many bother to ride... Rubbish, as Jordi says there is the traditional and many others what do you want thats not available?

Imagine a seperate series you could run in a car park or arena ???? the young ones would love it,instead of having a seperate rout for school boys have it for the trick riders and lump all the people that want to actually ride fairly against the terrain a real no stop trial and put the hotties in the car park,they could stay clean (clothes and scores) that would make them really happy , we could all get muddy and have a laugh.sorted// Sensible sugestions please, this is just daft. You haven't spoken to many youths recently obviously.

I do ,i ride a triumph 500 twin ,a fantic 240 twinshock, and a montesa 4rt, I will always have a ride most weekends ,or observe,its all fun to me and its not my championships that are up the spout,we are talking about the problems and looking for answers,On a good day i can still beat a few young ones ,BUT I WILL NEVER WEAR A LYCRA SUIT.... :lol:

It looks like you have the bases covered quite well.

In our club penalty points can be charged for improper use of Lycra.

one of my good freinds and riding buddie is just braking on to the national scene but as he is from the west country he like most other country cousins is often over looked in the wright ups, even when a freind of mine was british expert champion he would have less columbe inches in the weekly than the third and fourth placed yorkshire rider,I canot see what the happy answer would be maybe the new real trials series should be southern ,non connected riders only ,leaving the trick ,sponsered,paid,PROPPER trials boys(northern) to have there own stop for an hour back up have a cup of tea ,quick snooze foot ,elbow ,hand ,head on the floor,but get a clean sheet trials by themselfs...

But what do i know????? :lol:

one of my good freinds and riding buddie is just braking on to the national scene but as he is from the west country he like most other country cousins is often over looked in the wright ups, even when a freind of mine was british expert champion he would have less columbe inches in the weekly than the third and fourth placed yorkshire rider,I canot see what the happy answer would be maybe the new real trials series should be southern ,non connected riders only ,leaving the trick ,sponsered,paid,PROPPER trials boys(northern) to have there own stop for an hour back up have a cup of tea ,quick snooze foot ,elbow ,hand ,head on the floor,but get a clean sheet trials by themselfs...

But what do i know????? :lol:

Chuff all?

If you stop and balance no foul= takes skill

If you stop and support bike with foot = 5 you are now a kickstand no skill

If you want to ride no stop and motor on through the section with out putting a foot down so be it, but if I want to stop balance hop around like a jack rabbit on crack and not put my foot down in the same route as you then we should both be given a clean. Just using different techniques.

Just my opinion.

Or is it some of the "older" guys don't want to move down a class and be in a "intermediate" class and not "Expert" class like they used to be. Because the progression of bikes and techniques lends for the hopping and huge obstacles that some of us (Yep me too) "older" guys don't do well?

That statement should stir some emotion. :lol:

I did ride in the late 70's early 80's TY80 and TY175 basically no stop/ don't touch clutch. But I like the hoppy hoppy bouncy bouncy stuff of current trials. But I may be in the minority.

And being from the States I may have a totally different view than those from UK, Also unfamiliar with Trials scene in UK.

Edited by ZIPPY

If you stop and balance no foul= takes skill

If you stop and support bike with foot = 5 you are now a kickstand no skill

If you want to ride no stop and motor on through the section with out putting a foot down so be it, but if I want to stop balance hop around like a jack rabbit on crack and not put my foot down in the same route as you then we should both be given a clean. Just using different techniques.

Just my opinion.

Or is it some of the "older" guys don't want to move down a class and be in a "intermediate" class and not "Expert" class like they used to be. Because the progression of bikes and techniques lends for the hopping and huge obstacles that some of us (Yep me too) "older" guys don't do well?

That statement should stir some emotion. :lol:

I did ride in the late 70's early 80's TY80 and TY175 basically no stop/ don't touch clutch. But I like the hoppy hoppy bouncy bouncy stuff of current trials. But I may be in the minority.

And being from the States I may have a totally different view than those from UK, Also unfamiliar with Trials scene in UK.

Your right but over here they put there foot down and still want a clean