Scott Trial

nigel dabster

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is a set of acu regs describing a trials bike i suspect that the enduro bike would fail them however entry would be at organisers discretion i would be surprised if enduro tyres would make the club happy and on trials tyres the advantage may be largely lost as for the sections forget it for an avergae to good clubman the bike would be a considerable handicap in sections. i've seen taddy on youtube doing indoor trails sections on a ktm but not everyone is taddy

not everyone is taddy

No, but PB was 5th overall at the Red Bull Romaniacs extreme enduro this year, so he's got to be a bit handy!

Saw him at the Scottish, '08 I think, he's a fine rider.

Edited by craig10

We had a request from Wayne Braybrook earlier this year to ride an Enduro round the Scott course. After David Knight competed on trials bike a couple of years ago Wayne said that it was something people often asked him if the Scott was possible on an Enduro. Approval for Wayne to ride was given by the Scott Committee but for one reason or another Wayne has decided not to ride an Enduro in this years event.

A couple of weeks back Paul Bolton got in touch with a similar request. Paul has been a regular Scott competitor who has 5 Scott Spoons, you get these for being in the first 26 in the awards. So the Committee has allowed him to ride with certain provisions:-

The bike will have Trials tyres & comply with the noise meter.

He's riding on a non award basis.

He raises a considerable sum of money for charity.

He will also be under instruction to 'mind out' for event competitors & will do his best not to hinder their progress.

As well as being the first person to ride the Scott on an Enduro Paul is looking to raise money for a charity of his choice, the Northwest Air Ambulance.

To sponsor Paul please go to http://www.justgiving.com/PaulBoltonScottTrialChallenge/

Allowing Paul to ride the Scott on an Enduro may be a one time only deal, it's not RMC's wishes to turn the Scott into a different type of event & any non approved entries for future Scott Trials will be declined.

Heard that Paul Bolton is to do the event on an enduro bike mad or a good choice?

Is it allowed?

Will he be noise tested?

Can he reach the first petrol stop?

Well I'm fairly certain that if we set you off first & him off last he'd come off the Grouse Moor before you did.

Heard that Paul Bolton is to do the event on an enduro bike mad or a good choice?

Is it allowed?

Will he be noise tested?

Can he reach the first petrol stop?

Well I'm fairly certain that if we set you off first & him off last he'd come off the Grouse Moor before you did.
and I thought you two were friends......

Speaking to AG on the phone tonight, he thinks he'd get further on his diesel Arctic Cat than Dabster would get B)