Trials Boots - What Do You Prefer?

4ourtea

I've worn Gaerne trials boots for a fair while now (wore out my old Alpinestar Bernie Schrieber ones in about 1991) and they have been fantastic boots... can't fault them for durability and quality at all. I bought a pair of Gaerne Oiled brown boots a year or so ago and they were (still are!!) just as brilliant. However, about a month or so ago I thought I'd get another pair (was handing my year old pair to the lad) with a view to the new ones being for me.

Gaernes have been brilliant but i just wondered what people thought of the other boots out there? I've heard that Alpinestarts don't last because the sole peels off - not stitched on apparently. What about Sidis, Hebos or Xc-ting boots... views please

had a pair of the original diadora stone boots which were mega comfy and lasted about 3 years. moved on to Gaerne which were not as comfy but still reasonable. now I have a pair of diadora stone 3's with water proof sock and I must say they are the dogs dangley bits :chairfall: so comfortable it's like sliding your feet into a barrel of lady bumps, and I especially like the hardened in-step which lasts well even with titanium pegs and gives great support so no more achey feet :barf:

I've heard that Alpinestarts don't last because the sole peels off - not stitched on apparently. What about Sidis, Hebos or Xc-ting boots... views please

Only boots I have had the soles come off have been Gaernes, Alpine Stars have been superb. The most comfy pair ever,

Edited by jordi

My Hebos offer the feet about as much protection as a pair of slippers but that may be common to all modern boots as the leather is so thin. My 30 year old Gaernes (which have had about 25 years use) are far better in that respect but do not have such a good fastening system. The soles are coming away a bit but no more so than the 4 year old Hebos.

had a pair of the original diadora stone boots which were mega comfy and lasted about 3 years. moved on to Gaerne which were not as comfy but still reasonable. now I have a pair of diadora stone 3's with water proof sock and I must say they are the dogs dangley bits :chairfall: so comfortable it's like sliding your feet into a barrel of lady bumps, and I especially like the hardened in-step which lasts well even with titanium pegs and gives great support so no more achey feet :barf:

i also have the diadora stone 3 and i'm very happy with them

regards bob