Is There / Will There Be A 2010 Mont?

beatabeta

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly the future of montesa is not good-- the spanish factory is now only making plastics and painting-- the trials dept has now been moved to italy ( which is only the race dept) --all contracts are being honered for 2010 but for 2011 who knows!-- there is no more production and around 800 08/09 models left that will be sold this next year , but when there gone thats it!

Unfortunatly the future of montesa is not good-- the spanish factory is now only making plastics and painting-- the trials dept has now been moved to italy ( which is only the race dept) --all contracts are being honered for 2010 but for 2011 who knows!-- there is no more production and around 800 08/09 models left that will be sold this next year , but when there gone thats it!

If this is all true why would they be running an expensive team?

I spoke with the Team Manager today and no mention was made of a move to Italy.

"thesolidman1" registered today and immediately posted that comment. Their registered email address and their country of origin does not indicate they are someone "in the know" so take their comments with a pinch of salt.

Are you saying thesolidman is just a sheet stirrer?

Possibly :huh: He's based in the US so hardly likely to be on the inside at Montesa and I'd be far more inclined to take Martin's word as to what is or is not happening than someone who just registered today purely to put Montesa down :thumbup:

Wow, Andy, not feeling the love. You got it all wrong. I love Montesa. I own a 4rt. When I heard the rumors, I investigated, and this is what the facts are. I've been sad since hearing it, and thought other Montesa fans would like to hear the facts. If you choose not to believe it, that's certainly your right. But in time, you will see that it is, in fact, the truth. And I did just join today, because I wanted to share the info.

Wow, Andy, not feeling the love. You got it all wrong. I love Montesa. I own a 4rt. When I heard the rumors, I investigated, and this is what the facts are. I've been sad since hearing it, and thought other Montesa fans would like to hear the facts. If you choose not to believe it, that's certainly your right. But in time, you will see that it is, in fact, the truth. And I did just join today, because I wanted to share the info.

So perhaps you could share your source(s).

So perhaps you could share your source(s).

Agreed as I doubt if I picked up the phone they would tell me?

Lot of stories going round.......''I've Heard''.........''Someone at the trial on Sunday told me''..........''such and such a dealer told me''................not really substantial evidence?

whoa there solidman, I recomend you read ALL of the post on this subject, that's one hell of a first post.

Sorry you're not feeling the love, but we see many people appear on here claiming they know it all or have an "inside source". You posted as a total newcomer making unsubstantiated claims. I merely pointed out for the benefit of our general readership that you had only registered that day and were based in the USA so hardly likely to be on the pulse of what is happening within either Honda or Montesa.

If you have a definitive source that is above and beyond all of us who are involved in the sport then, as others have requested, reveal that source. Until such time as you do you'll find nobody takes you seriously and you'll be seen as just another rumormonger. I don't mean to come across as nasty, but that's just the way it is. To have credibility you either have to back up your statements with hard fact or withdraw them. :thumbup: