Montesa Continues Into 2010.........

pedronicman

As posted on TODOTRIAL today

http://www.todotrial.com/ttactual/index-ac...-marcototal.htm?

Translated-

"Today Tuesday 22 December Montesa Honda workers have ratified the sign reached between the management of the company and the Works Council with 84,67 % of the votes. This sign is the result of negotiation announced on October 16, with a view to reorganize business of motorcycles in Europe.

The sign ratified by Montesa Honda workers will lead downward company 180 employees from retirement and low Incentivadas. Conditions for the Incentivadas Bajas are compensation 55 days per year worked, more a variable.

Also the company also offers the option of reemployment with special conditions to 15 people in the second quarter of 2012.

From 1 April 2010, Montesa Honda continue the Cota Trial, as well as injecting and painting of plastic for motorcycle parts model."

so who would make them when we thought they are only making plastics?

Theres a clue in this,the new generation Honda trial bike's are going to be made entirely of plastic with abit of paint.

Sounds to me there keeping enough of montesa open to dump what they've got,then it's laters.

So no montesas made in spain?

Andrew, I don't know how you reached that conclusion. 180 is only half of the work force at Montesa Honda.

What do I know? Well, I know how to read a Press Release and understand what was said. You clearly did not so, I am just trying to help you with your comprehension.

Merry Christmas Andrew

Edited by Martin Belair

Andrew, I don't know how you reached that conclusion. 180 is only half of the work force at Montesa Honda.

What do I know? Well, I know how to read a Press Release and understand what was said. You clearly did not so, I am just trying to help you with your comprehension.

Merry Christmas Andrew

Time will tell, if they don't sell the ones they have why would they make more? If production were to start again in April what would it be a 2011 or late 10? With no importer since denis gave up and whatever happened in the uk where are the markets for an older design? If the 09's didn't sell why will the 10's?

Are you going to import them?

Surely 360 if thats what it was couldn't be montesa only it was for honda mopeds primrarily and occasionally the trials bike?

Happy Holidays.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Merry Christmas Andrew

:rolleyes:

Merry chrimbo both of you.

try my translation it makes a bit more sense.

Workers and management ratify the draft agreement, which involves loss of 180 employees

Today Tuesday the 22 of December workers of Montesa Honda have ratified with a 84.67% of the votes the Draft agreement reached between the Director of the company and the Committee of Company. This Draft agreement is the result of the announced negotiations on the 16 of October with a view to reorganizing the business

The preliminary agreement ratified by workers of Montesa Honda lead the company's loss of 180 employees through early retirement and voluntary redundancies. The conditions for the redundancies will be an award of 55 days per year worked, plus a variable.

Likewise, the company also offers the option of re-employment with special conditions 15 in the second quarter of 2012

From 1 April 2010, Honda will continue to produce Montesa Cota Trials model, and injection and painting plastic parts for motorcycles

I think you're reading in a bit too much into the date as it pertains to the Montesa.

My guess is the plant is shut down until April 1 2010 and will reopen at that date. That may or may not include restarting Montesa production. All we can conclude from the press release is that they are not ruling Montesa production at the facility finished for good.

• 3 weeks later...