The Beta Clutch Fix

dan williams

Ok, I did. All I get to see is a pic and the comments. Who do I search out to get info? Web address or Facebook name. I just bought new sureflex plates, but they ate still new in the box. I'm happy to turn and be a guinea pig in these if they claim smooth engagement.

Sent a message to Ben. He  quickly replied. I think he has a clutch that many will want, but to rich for my blood. They are 620 British pounds, which is $900ish in US. I hope to hear reports of it as time goes. Meanwhile, I'll  tinker and fine tune mine. I just swapped to 10w-40 Torco, and like it for the short ride I took. Wish I could get a hold of that fancy putoline stuff to try in the US. 

12512100_1693446457606702_1164455134_n.j

12516587_1693446537606694_207930062_n.jp

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Ok, so I have had a day off work today and just completed this, I cannot believe the difference!!

This is my first trials bike (99 techno) and the clutch stick when cold was so severe the bike would try to climb a wall with the clutch pulled in.

Lauded the bike on its side and pulled the plates and steels. It's the first time I have ever removed a clutch from anything.

The pads were almost indistinguishable from the plates due to the glue. Cue 4 hrs with the needle files and everything all cleaned up and reinstalled.

Once I restarted the bike the clutch now doesn't cold stick at all, also the engagement is 100% smoother.

I can't thank you all enough for the help!!

• 2 months later...

Good morning:

I have some news that may fix the Beta sticking clutch problem.  I have been working with Barnett clutches and now have

a set of their Kevlar friction plates in my 2010 Evo 250 4t.  Because of the hot weather and fire restrictions, I have not been

able to put much time on the bike.  So far the plates work perfectly. No stick, no warm up necessary! Beautiful!  I do not have solid price yet, but I am told they should be in the $15-$16 per plate.  I had put Barnett plates in my previous bike, a

2007 Scorpa 250f with absolutely no problems for 3 years.  I do not have a Barnett part/# yet as my plates are from the R&D dept.  I will post price and part/# when I get them.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Let us know when and where available. I'd like to get a look at these.

Sherco guys would probably be interested too as they have similar plates and problems.

Any more info? This guy posted once and disappeared.

Edited by dan williams

• 1 month later...

Beta Owners,

Talked with Barnett today.  The friction disks I was sent were from the Honda CRF250.  I have had them in my Evo 250

four stroke for about two months with no problems.  I have been to two events.  Worked perfectly, even with cold oil in the

morning.  The Beta 2 strokes two part numbers in their clutches.  A friend who has a 2011 Evo 300 2t does not see or measure any difference between his disks.  He is going to use a set of Barnett disks in his motor.  The Barnett Part/# is

301-35-10028.  Price is 13.92 per disk for the Kevlar.  Any questions should be forwarded to Barnett.  Parts can be ordered

from local parts or online.  Barnett has a distributor in England.  If you call Barnett in California, ask for Mike Taylor.  I this

helps you solve your problems.  Barnett has a web site. (barnettclutches.com).

This is an edit.  THE CORRECT PART/#  IS:  301-35-0012.  This information was given later from Barnett.

Edited by oslow

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a set of the Barnett kevlars. Will report when they come in.

These plates DO NOT FIT. Barnett has asked for the part number to be removed from this thread.

They are beautifully finished but they don't fit.

Edited by dan williams