The Beta Clutch Fix

dan williams

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with flat steels. Patterning them just reduces surface area but several people have had luck cutting holes or oil channels to allow oil to escape faster from under the friction pads. Perhaps there is a need for a design that has a quicker engagement just for pros? Maybe something like a continous pad ring and patterned steels like disk rotors to clear oil. It would be interesting to see what difference having engine driven steels and transmission fibers would make too.

• 2 months later...

There is a bit of a compromise between pull and slip. For most of us bunny riders the immediate clutch response needed by the experts is not to our benefit. I used to pull two spings but had spacers made up that do roughly the same thing reducing the spring pressure. I don't get significant slip but others have reported it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I was contemplating doing this mod but after changing my oil this weekend but have now opted not to. I have an 08 Rev 3 and up until last weekend have been using Putoline GP10. Bike has never started in gear, I could never find neutral when bike is running and the clutch plates always stick/bike jumps when selecting gear starting from cold. I decided to try the Putoline Nanotrans.... Wow what a difference. On first start, plates were not stuck and I found neutral while the bike was running with ease. Clutch seemed far smoother yet sure solid bite. Highly recommended (now £19.99 a tub online so a decent price)

Edited by italianstallion
  • Like 1