Naughty Fuji?

tordijarres

I think that the comentators made a very valid point that ALL the Mont riders were riding it like a 2 stroke, I think although both are trials bikes they both have to be ridden very differently to acheive maximum peformance. Just a thought.................

Lloyd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say I concur with pretty much all that's been said.

Where we were (219N), PA was c. 70%.

Too many folk on the arena floor - although more scorecard holders wouldn't have upset me - must get one of those suits for t'wife!

Crosser's commentary was great.

"Bert" was awesome and if he could eliminate those "unforced" errors he'd be unbeatable on that form. He even RODE DOWN the last section fluently - the only one to do so!

Maybe the 4RT's do need different technique, however indoors demands that explosive launch which looked real hard work for the Mont riders. (I personally don't like their sound either - Sherco sounds better).

Thought "Taddy" was great VFM - certainly a great trickster.

There were a couple of instances where things got confusing - the 3 vs 4 finalists situation and at the end of the final where the scoreboard didn't seem to agree with the commentators.

No doubt Raga is class - we were the wrong side to see his descent from the pallets - just saw him pop it on the nose and disappear gracefully from view - unbelieveable! But did anyone notice the two 5s he had on big steps towards the end of the final? Don't know if it's technique or machine set-up but his front end rebounded too much each time, whereas Bert's didn't.

ok, here we go , "taddy" what an opener, brilliant, fajardo - junior raga , cabestany - wow , all that on a new bike , raga - indoor god 'nuff said , montesa riders - send that bike back - try again with a 2 stroke , sounds horrible (indoors!) looked hard work to ride . good night out but unlike last year with dl fighting for the top , this year was lacking in the atmosphere .

P.A system ,hhmmmm could do better and big screens please !. :)

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but one thing that did slightly p**s me off on the night (and every year, come to think of it), is the chucking of paper planes. I even saw these being thrown towards the riders as they were tackling the sections!! Am I alone in thinking this is bloody dangerous? If a rider is distracted at a critical point, it could be serious. Some parents behind me were actively encouraging their kids to rip up the programmes to do this! Sell the programmes to stop these dead heads and their kids!

King Doug was allegedly on a bog standard engine whilst Fuji was on a HRC prepped thunder bus. Are HRC trying to 'offload' Dougie now that Fuji has stepped up his act? I reckon he should tell 'em where to stick their 'Yen' and go back to Beta :)

Kinell

I spoke with the factory race shop mechanics today. Both Doug and Fuji were on identical standard motors for Sheffield.

Martin Belair

US Montesa

Doug, has won the event 7 or 8 times, been top of the game for the past ten years,  gets to Sheffield on sat night and the bike supprises him  :)

What you been pi22ing about at the past couple of months.

Waiting for delivery?

Riding out the remaining indoor events on the 315 has to be a big error (isn't hindsight a wonderful thing :) )

Following the last Outdoor WTC, the lads should have been riding the 4T non-stop - including overtime, non of this having a baby, getting married lark !.

The Indoor or Outdoor TDN aren't important to Montesa so performance here and in the Spanish indoors should have been sacrificed for development time. Even Mitani-san has developed a 260 kit and has it in production.

I am really surprised that the mighty Honda Motor Co and HRC hasn't delivered, Rossi has just p**sed on their chips, Everts continues to pee on the Sushi, KTM have shown them that the future actually is orange (in enduros) and not Red.

What's been going on at HRC - have the boys gone on vacation ? developed a habit ? Mr Honda needs to kick some backside, he's in danger of losing yet another World Title.

Not that Kinell is a master at his trade, but I have never heared him complain his hammer wasn't big enough.

End of the Day, Doug is responsible for his results, and is in a position to do something about it, in the past if he has an off day, at the next event he very often takes the oposition to peices, indoors I think we have seen the final result of the year in the first event.

Outdoors I'm looking forward to seeing some Lampkin magic.

Lets just hope that we havn't seen the outdoor 123 as well.

One thing that bothers me is the tremendous power to weight disadvantage that Doug must be with the 4rt over the gasser. It is supposedly 30lbs heavier, in standard form, without the differential of Doug Vs. Raga aswell.