2010 Sherco

geebee

Hi

Has anyone designed a strengthener plate for the down tube?

Our 2010 has a dent where the bottom yoke has hit the down tube.

Seems like a common problem with the 2010 Sherco.

I have thought about epoxying a half pipe 1/2"nb sch 10s SS over the dent.

Gosh!!....Now I get it.

This is a very sad photo :thumbup: ....How the hell can this be fixed and restored to it's original strength? :thumbup:

I guess it's one of the negative effects of having such a good steering lock.... it leaves those down tubes more exposed.....And another concern is the way the rad has taken a wack too :thumbup:

I wish you the best of luck finding some way of fixing this properly.

Best of balance.

Neo

What is the frame made out of ?

I would suggest cutting the dented area out, and welding in a new piece. Tig and purge.....then clean off and grind smooth again. The beauty of tig is the heat is kept local, so not much of a touch up job afterwards !

Or, you could just build the affected area up with a few runs of weld, then grind smooth again.

Is there any way of glueing a bit of rubber to the yokes or to the frame to soften the impact.......should there be one.

Edited by houseape1000

What is the frame made out of ?

I would suggest cutting the dented area out, and welding in a new piece. Tig and purge.....then clean off and grind smooth again. The beauty of tig is the heat is kept local, so not much of a touch up job afterwards !

that will take the strength out of the frame obviously!

Simple cheap fix, the damage is caused by the lower tripple clamp hitting the frame, the mod stops this.

All that is needed is a bit of plastic pipe, I used half inch water pipe, about 1.1/2 " long then cut down the length to snap on the frame tube.

This mod was posted on the RYP site a few weeks ago, I think the factory will probably beef it up for the 2011 model.

post-3364-1273605971.jpg

What happen to putting fork stops on the frame?

Poor design Sherco.

This does not really happen nowadaws, reguardless of brand.

If you bash any of the steel framed bikes hard, they will bend. The normal material is 4130 tubing, or a slight derivitive, which can easily be welded without problem, yet is only a mild steel in itself, and works well as it has desireable attributes in other aspects of stress and such.

I can tell the bike in the pic came down hard on the bars. Full inpact probably, from just how high? Do not know. Was it enough to take out the fatbars as well? Possibly so. :thumbup:

Hi

It was a big off in Scotland.

It happened on the track on Wednesday up to Mamore Road but the bike finished the week.

A visual inspection shows no damage to the bars but the rider was somewhat detuned.

Other damage includes a dented fuel tank and scars on the exhaust.

Work now begins to put things right