Driving Home Music

as iow

For those that do the nationals all over the country it can be a bloody long drive home sometimes on a Sunday evening, we normaly listen to the top 40 show and then start listening to CD,s but what do people listen to ? We have had many CD,s over the years like Pink Floyd & Genisis etc, but the current most played seems to be Deleriums Albums called Chimera, or Karma. So what is your most popular motorway CD?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnhtlHPt0pY& feature=related

On a recent 'Speed Awareness' course, guilty as charged my lord for doing 34mph in a 30mph zone :crying: they touched on the subject of music and the effect that some songs have on the way you drive.

As it happened I knew the number 1 song that has been proven to make you drive fast by a certain Mr Loaf...............................??

'BAT OUT OF HELL'

How about a couple of classic albums...

For the Brits "A Question of Balance" by The Moody Blues (even featuring a scrambles bike on the cover).

And for the Yanks "Lives in the Balance" by Jackson Browne.

Double complilation CD titled "DIY" songs - makes me realise what I have escaped by riding trials and having fun all weekend

Actually a couple of ok tracks and a couple that wake you and think B*****S what am I listening to this for.

World cup has been handy as been able to listen to the match commentory - trouble is after listening to 4 or 5 matches over a weekend of driving gets difficult in converstion in work on Monday to remember who was playing who and what the results were.

Wish I had been driving during Englands games so I could forget or mix up those results

On a recent 'Speed Awareness' course, guilty as charged my lord for doing 34mph in a 30mph zone :crying: they touched on the subject of music and the effect that some songs have on the way you drive.

As it happened I knew the number 1 song that has been proven to make you drive fast by a certain Mr Loaf...............................??

'BAT OUT OF HELL'

What'cha gonna do boy? <_<

Although I am guilty of keeping a few old CD's in the truck that have been there for years, I usually rely upon the radio for different local and small town culture variations. It can be quite interisting actually. Southern culture in the US accross the distance!

I can sing along to the CD's though, not a pretty thought!

There is probably some relationship to this travel/ culture thing in the UK that some may appreciate. :crying:

Culture must be the best reason to travel, all the scenery etc is pretty well documented, I guess the distances travelled here in uk are much smaller than for you guys also with 60,000,0000 of us packed onto these Isles it's hard to avoid mixing up cultures. ( Ithink the official phrase her is multi culturalism). Anyway like quite a few others from UK we're off to France tommorrow for 4 days trial at Geuret, My french friends say that the brits bring thier own culture...... nothing new there if you look at last few hundred years of history. Having read that back it just shows how perverse we are, perhaps thats why we have been labelled perfidious albion. Ho hum back to loading van.

Culture must be the best reason to travel, all the scenery etc is pretty well documented, I guess the distances travelled here in uk are much smaller than for you guys also with 60,000,0000 of us packed onto these Isles it's hard to avoid mixing up cultures. ( Ithink the official phrase her is multi culturalism). Anyway like quite a few others from UK we're off to France tommorrow for 4 days trial at Geuret, My french friends say that the brits bring thier own culture...... nothing new there if you look at last few hundred years of history. Having read that back it just shows how perverse we are, perhaps thats why we have been labelled perfidious albion. Ho hum back to loading van.

Pity, I doubt they have much in the way of Country/Western or Modern Country/Rock on the airwaves!

I like the live music as well, nothing like a few beers in someplace, like Disney, Oklahoma! :crying:<_<