How To You Lock Your Bikes Up?

gasgas694

What's the best way to lock your bike up? i use a chain but there isn't much room to put a chain through the frame so i have been locking the back wheel up has anybody a better ways to lock your pride and joy up? also has anyone had a close call where there locking system has paid off and not been able to get around.

Burglar alarm, shotgun mines, ground anchor, quality chain and lock, wired to the mains and lots of lasers ! :rotfl:

Dogs are also good :banana2:

Not cleaning your bike and removing the carb also works as a deterrent ! :wacko: (Couldn't resist, sorry)

GJ :huh:

After a close call, I now chain mine to a 56lb weight in the garage, and have an alarm.....also I messed about with the up and over door so it now squeeks loudly when opened, and finally, I bent it a bit so when locked it's under slight tension so when removing all the locks it makes quite a loud bang !

The fence is 7ft as is the gate, which is also locked really well, so if somebody does manage to get into the garage, they will have to lift the bike and a 56lb weight over a 7ft fence to get away.

Anyone who can do this can bloody well have it !!!!!!

Burglar alarm, shotgun mines, ground anchor, quality chain and lock, wired to the mains and lots of lasers ! :lol:

Dogs are also good :banana2:

Not cleaning your bike and removing the carb also works as a deterrent ! :rotfl: (Couldn't resist, sorry)

GJ :huh:

That was a schoolboy error :wacko:

I would not reveal full details on a forum but here is list of suggestions

1) Have PIR floodlights overlook where you keep it.

2) Install alarms so that they overlook the bike(s), the door (s) and each outer

3) A garage that is noisy - steel doors etc that is noisy to break into will help

4) Ground achcor and heavy duty chain through frame.

5) Personalise your bike by making discreet mods, then keep details and photos.

6) Using a set of hard stamps, stmp the registration or last several digits of frame number into parts such as hubs, yokes, swinging arm, sump plate, brake clipers, fork legs etc. Keep photos and a record. Use small soldering iron to discreetly mark plastic parts with same.

7) Ultra violet pen - but this may tend to wash off.

That was a schoolboy error
- Sorry, just a bit of banter!
Where do u put your Chain through then when locking it up? i have a 19mm thick chain and it dont fit through the bike just the wheels witch can be taken off.

I pass the chain through the gap at the cylinder head, perhaps you need a longer chain? Multiple security measures are always best though, don't just rely on a chain and padlock? There are some good ideas already mentioned, use as many as you can.

GJ :banana2:

I have a garage full of bikes which are all anchored down, garage is alarmed, drop down bollard in front of the up an over door, I park my alarmed van tight to the door and also because my garage faces onto a busy main road I put a curtain track up 6-7' inside the door Simply pull a bike to the front shut the curtain and open the door usually load the bike straight into the van as not to advertise what I have in there

Still 2 weeks ago went to a wedding on Saturday stayed over, came home Sunday afternoon, No van and no bikes the *******s must have made three trips at least!!!

The neighbours told me they had seen a locksmiths van outside my house for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon and didn't think anything of it (why would you?)

Police don't seem interested saying the bikes are in bits and sold by now,

And yes I'm having to fight the insurance company for a realistic payout

I have a garage full of bikes which are all anchored down, garage is alarmed, drop down bollard in front of the up an over door, I park my alarmed van tight to the door and also because my garage faces onto a busy main road I put a curtain track up 6-7' inside the door Simply pull a bike to the front shut the curtain and open the door usually load the bike straight into the van as not to advertise what I have in there

Still 2 weeks ago went to a wedding on Saturday stayed over, came home Sunday afternoon, No van and no bikes the *******s must have made three trips at least!!!

The neighbours told me they had seen a locksmiths van outside my house for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon and didn't think anything of it (why would you?)

Sorry to hear your bad news, SCUM thats all they are.

Whats that stuff you can buy in a tin that freezes metal,one good whack hey presto.

I take my bikes apart and then hide the parts around my property.

i spend enough time messing around with my bike let alone playing on it to be taking it apart and putting it back together bet your wife moans like mad at you

wife: "what's this wheel doing in my kitchen" :banana2:

Advertise a "Reward" for return or info, dont rely on the police, in my experiance they are as much use as t1ts to a nun.

Whats that stuff you can buy in a tin that freezes metal,one good whack hey presto.

I take my bikes apart and then hide the parts around my property.

Liquid Nitrogen??...very hard to buy...big safety problems to get around.

Me?..:-

I had a visit from the night-scrotes about 7/8 years ago and they dug up my block paved drive to try and get my garage door post out!!They were prepared to spend some time on the job!! That concentrates your mind...so...

Garage door bolted and padlocked to the floor from the inside..

....bike chained to work bench...

...,.house/garage alarmed and best thing last..my dawg, he won't bite but he makes a fuss when someone gets near to the house..especially at night.