Whats Your Thoughts On This Controversy ?

monkeyboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only seen two riders banned - one for fisty cuffs and one for verbal to a female observer. Stupid in both cases and both no brainers.

And one quite famous case for altering a punch card.

I was fived in a trial earlier in the year for riding the harder route just to see if I could do it. I got through with a dab but still got the five. I know the observer really well and we had a laugh about it, but he quite rightly pointed out that I wasn't on the hard route, so by doing that I left the easy route which is a five!

Can't really argue with that can you?

The only other point worth mentioning, in an ACU event for a rider to make a protest, there is a set format to be followed which includes a (possibly refundable) cash payment. I wonder if that procedure was completed correctly in this case?

Looking at Thedbf's comments, I'd sorely be inclined to let it lie forget it and move on. If you're still not happy you can always change clubs!!

Only seen two riders banned - one for fisty cuffs and one for verbal to a female observer. Stupid in both cases and both no brainers.

It must be a pretty extreme case where you have to go down the road of banning people, can't remember seeing anyone banned in Scotland in the last 35 years....though I can think of a few that I quite like to see banned.. :thumbup::)

Edited by Slapshot 3

It must be a pretty extreme case where you have to go down the road of banning people, can't remember seeing anyone banned in Scotland in the last 35 years....though I can think of a few that I quite like to see banned.. :thumbup::)

Oh yes, there have been a couple, but I can't remember a fisty cuffs ban, the punch card issue was in ACU territory and I remember the culprit well, a very good rider that didn't need to alter his card, stupid mistake which has been a stigma for years! He's actually a nice guy all the same.

Big John

I wouldn't be too concerned about the dbf's comments. I have screen shots of a PM he sent me and a topic he removed from his forum.

As for leaving the club, i wouldn't give the stirrers the satisfaction.

He's the original keyboard Ninja !

Take it your mate won the day? - reading it does not appear to be cheating just a new rider who maybe didn't know the rules as well as his partner.

At the end of the day - you were reported but when told of the 5 did you take it and move on or was there the usual yes but no nonsense?

In future you'll take the correct score, have less hassle and come out it a wiser and better rider.

When competing in nationals this is a disaster but in a training day it's not worth bans falling out etc.

Hope this makes sense - I'm just in from pub - will edit it

Tomorrow

i think thats the i stewarded .am i right big john?

No Willie, that was a Scottish case you stewarded at, where the rider recieved a "suspended sentence" but wasn't actually banned, the one I remember happened in England some many years ago, hit the headlines big time!

Big John

So even on a fun day out for training and practice, you must practice against the rules! It is not only the course, but the rules that you are scored by. If you are indeed just having fun, then totally disreguard the punchcard and have fun to your limit. If you are still playing within the practice game, one cannot or shouldnot just decide to ride the upper line. Attend to your class line and do what you are supposed to do. Then you can go back to the observer, tell you want to practice the harder line, then OK, you have ridden your intended line and can goof off if no others in wait.

Either attend to the training schedule of the day properly or toss your card and have fun, no complaints, and do not expect others playing a game under (real) limitations to the trial. It may be easy, yet the pressure increases to stay clean as things progress. If this was in a real trial, sounds to me you would be busted! :thumbup:

If you violated the format of the practice, too bad!

Can the moderators not please put this topic and public humiliation to bed, this has dragged on a full week after everyone else has forgotten about it, it's doing nothing for the sport in our area by allowing this to continue, now that the OP, to a man has been told he was in the wrong maybe now he'll accept it and move on, and hopefully he'll have the common decency to either publicly or privately apologise for the outrageous personal abuse he gave to his fellow rider on the day on another open forum elsewhere.

Edited by Thedbf

Can the moderators not please put this topic and public humiliation to bed, this has dragged on a full week after everyone else has forgotten about it, it's doing nothing for the sport in our area by allowing this to continue, now that the OP, to a man has been told he was in the wrong maybe now he'll accept it and move on, and hopefully he'll have the common decency to either publicly or privately apologise for the outrageous personal abuse he gave to his fellow rider on the day on another open forum elsewhere.

If he gave abuse too a fellow rider on the day then he should be diaplined

No abuse was given to anyone on the day !

The abuse was directed at myself on the day and on the east coast forum for several days before the topic was deleted.

There is no abuse in this thread, merely asking experienced trials riders there thoughts and opinions on this subject with all points of view being taken on board.

:thumbup:

Edited by MoNkEyBoY

There was no abuse given on the day, he waited til he got on his own "safe" local forum and publicly, outrageously, verbally abused his fellow rider of the day.