what problems do you think they will have?

mark1984

check out the new web site they have upside down forks i think they will have some problems there and i also think they might have some problems with the air box it looks to go straght in to the throttle body and it looks like it gos straght down i think mabe it will hold water??

• 2 weeks later...

check out the new web site they have upside down forks i think they will have some problems there and i also think they might have some problems with the air box it looks to go straght in to the throttle body and it looks like it gos straght down i think mabe it will hold water??

IF the website is any indication, information might be there, but unaccessable, lol, the bike could be "technology is there but unaccessable as well. I mean, I cant even get the pictures to show in IE8, once you close one. Stupid to make a site so "fancy" that you have to be <13 years old to even have a clue on how to look around... Most trials people are probably less adept at the web, I bet.

Air Intake, couple ways easily not seen, around this, by having the exit of the airbox be higher up inside the box, than the bottom, with weep/flaps where water could collect.

I think the problem is going to be the PRICE, to the usa it is expected/rumored to be close to or exceeding $9000 that's a lot.

IMHO, by now Upside down forks only affect the used market place, with the usuall complaint on older bikes with seals that will be prone to leakage... But the forks in upside down configuration, I understand are easier to control more of the dampening of the whole setup, and modify how it works compared to std forks. So if you protect the forktubes, & if you replace the seals as they get worn, AND dont scratch the tubes part (hell I have bought and seen many bikes that had scratched those on old style forks) so how different is that, well it would be more of a problem on upside down of course?

It could be one helluva machine, for the Pro's.

Edited by Sting32

yes i think the best way to find any problems is to wait till they come out and see what people say about them. i am very intrested in buying one my self i just cant understand whats takeing them so long to get it out

I think they have problems with the ignition. There are several films on youtube, but they never ride against the big rocks, and if you listen to the sound of the engine ... it is not that snappy as the Beta's, or Sherco's. It will take some time for that, there are a lot of parameters to find out.

For the clubmen rider it will be enough, but they will compete at the top in the world championship, so they still have a lot of work todo.

There has been a lot of advances in processing power since the ARC bike & honda's injected NSR500 which mean it should be a big step forward from then. Think of how primative the early injected roadbikes were, it hasn't taken long for the power delivery etc to be sorted to the point that carbs are really only found on the cheaper, low performance bikes

What other makers have attempted 2 stroke fuel injection, and failed?

aprilla

I am sure I am being overly critical of the fuel injection, I do hope they can make it work good, the technology looks sano, I have an aversion to dirtbikes with ridiculously expensive fuel pumps, throttle bodies, ECM's and expensive software to tune it that could have been solved with a $200 carburetor, or in my case a little tweaking or $25 worth of parts. I am a mechanic by trade and it's a hard pill to swollow when I have to tell my customer that a repair on his fuel injected modern powersports product is over $1200 that would have been a $200 repair when this same vehicle was equiped with a carburetor.

Edited by MotoVintage

decided to do a little research on this subject before I stick my foot too far in my mouth, (bad habit of mine) it seems like there are a number of 2 stroke FI vehicles that I was not aware of, seems the 2T snowmobile's and PWC's are using it, apparantly TM has one in the works and KTM has been fooling around with it.

one of my concerns is since atomization is increased with fuel injection, fuel droplet size is greatly reduced, an engine can run hotter or more lean with FI, is pre-mix going to lubricate enough to prevent siezure or excessive heat? the engineers are way smarter than me, so I should keep my mouth shut and have a wait & see attitude abought the new Ossa and it's 2T FI

if it was up to me it would have a carburetor on it, (for the aformentioned reasons $$$) I don't think there is room for a carburetor with the cylinder configuration.

here is a link to some of the info I found

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/09/two-stroke-fuel-injection-is-here-now/

I think their main problem will be that I didn't get shipped one to see if I could break it ! :banana2::banana2::banana2::rotfl: On the brite side though I think it'll be proven to work before they sell them . Technology is faster than we are these days ...

Glenn B)