Eurosport Tonight 10.00

mr doyle

indoor on eurosport tonight at 10.00pm

Maybe :angry:

I kinda miss Men and Motors' coverage although Eurosport seem to be giving us the full hours' worth this year and I must admit that I enjoy Jack Burnicle's commentary. He's like a (slightly) more coherent Murray Walker and is obviously knowlegeable and enthusiastic about motorcycle sport (which is more than can be said about some so-called motorsport presenters - Jim Rosenthal anyone?)

I kinda miss Men and Motors' coverage although Eurosport seem to be giving us the full hours' worth this year and I must admit that I enjoy Jack Burnicle's commentary. He's like a (slightly) more coherent Murray Walker and is obviously knowlegeable and enthusiastic about motorcycle sport (which is more than can be said about some so-called motorsport presenters - Jim Rosenthal anyone?)

Are you serious Neonsurge!!!! :angry:

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head as useless!!! He's forever contradicting himself and to top it all he said " Cabestany is making errors like a novice "

Is he on drugs??? These are the very top riders in the world and to even say that in jest belittles how difficult a sport it is.He went on to rip the p*** out of Dave Willoughby (sp?) later on, overall he's an inept commentator who only succeeds in making our sport look more amatuerish than it is already!!! :D

What we need is a Suzi Perry and Jamie Whitham Combo!!!

Edited by Hughesy

Yes I'm serious. I like Jack Burnicle in the same way that I liked Murray Walker. Yes, he waffles like an old woman and makes numerous glaring commentating errors but he's just so damn enthusiastic that I can't help liking him. He DOES seem to have a background in motorcycling as well. Maybe not trials specifically, but having at least a passing familiarity with the subject matter gives him a distinct advantage over many commentators that I could mention, especially on satellite/cable channels.

matt: It's Marseilles I believe. Unless Eurosport decide to show Sheffield again as happened on a couple of occasions last year when the round shown was different to that which was advertised.

I haven't got it in for Eurosport, honest! They derserve credit for showing the ITWC in the first place.

JACK WAS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND AT THE TELFORD BIKE SHOW IN THE LIVE ARENA, COULDN'T THINK OF ANYONE THAT COULD OF MADE A BETTER JOB, AS YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING HE IS SO ENTHUSIASTIC AND SUCH A LAUGH WHEN HE TALKS ****! I REMEMBER HIM ONCE SAYIN "ON HIS RIGHT FOOT IS THE GEARS AND UNDER HIS LEFT IS THE BRAKE" ABSOLUTE CLASS.

Jack Burnicle also commentates on the World Superbike Championship for Eurosport.

I am mates with Steve Martin, who is riding for Foggy next year, and have been helping him restore his TL320 SWM back to its former glory.

Steve told Jack all about this......and every round last year, had an update on the SWM project !!!....pity, as none of the roadies would have a clue what he was on about!!!

Martin

The Burnicle/Whitham duo makes entertaining listening during the WSB rounds but NOTHING can match the Keith Hewen/Julian Ryder combo during the Foggy era. That was fantastic. ( Jim Whitham is funniest tho' and has the added edge of being a Yorkshireman too :angry: )