Beta 2011 or Gas Gas 2011

zao9

Ah ok Then, Didn't know that was the case now, Just thought The 6 month warrenty with GG UK, Is a very important issue for people to know with new Gassers, Even if the warrenty has to be 12 months, I have no doubts that shirty will manage a way to get round it.

As you say also though John Lampkin & the team are 100% fantastic with you, Couldn't ask to deal with nicer people.

The main phrase you need to focus on will always be 'fit for purpose' if you can argue that the item or bike is not 'fit for purpose' you are entitled to a replacement part (or bike if you have a strong enough arguement)within the first year.

There are even discussions in Europe that ALL motor vehicles will come with a 2 year warranty, however there will be exceptions allowed in this and I wont be surprised that if this does happen trials bikes (MX / enduro etc) will be exempt.

Again to Slapshot 3 - I've spoken to riders of 3 year old Beta's who have had stators (a known fault part) replaced FOC by Lampkins.

Gas Gas had a known fault issue with the internals of the kickstart mechanism breaking (sorry cant recall the part name) and Shirty wanted to charge

• 1 year later...

This is a silly thread really!.

All bike have their faults so you can discount the the importer type comments.

Everyone here is giving you their opinion...... what you seek is YOUR opinion surely? Not everyone else's?.

Suggest you go ride them both