Beta 2011 or Gas Gas 2011

zao9

Just picked up a 2011 Evo 250. Fantastic bit of well sorted kit (the clutch/gearbox, for example, is sooo much improved over previous Betas, almost Honda standard).

My first impression on riding it (today) is that it feels a lot "fitter" than last year's bike, not sure what mods have been made to the engine but may have to install some engine calming modification to go along with my old slow-action brain!

Im maybe be in for a new bike soon and wonder what to get. A big factor is GasGas uk give a 10 minute warranty unlike J Lampkin. Im uncertain as if it was GasGas id try importing if it was worth it seen as you dont get a warranty, so see little point buying

from Uk.

My current Gasser is an import and ive had to rebuild the engine twice but it runs great unlike the Rev3 bikes that i had. I always seemed to have Carb issues so tried a Gasser and find it runs well other than weak gearbox.

Beta is backed to the hilt by J Lampkin and this i know as he bought me a new wheel once, so this is a factor as i would not wish to purchase a bike and pay for component failure.

Im maybe be in for a new bike soon and wonder what to get. A big factor is GasGas uk give a 10 minute warranty unlike J Lampkin. Im uncertain as if it was GasGas id try importing if it was worth it seen as you dont get a warranty, so see little point buying

from Uk.

My current Gasser is an import and ive had to rebuild the engine twice but it runs great unlike the Rev3 bikes that i had. I always seemed to have Carb issues so tried a Gasser and find it runs well other than weak gearbox.

Beta is backed to the hilt by J Lampkin and this i know as he bought me a new wheel once, so this is a factor as i would not wish to purchase a bike and pay for component failure.

GAS GAS ALL THE WAY,,,,

from Uk.

Haha, I'll agree with that, Used to have a gasser & shirty was always a pain in the backside to deal with, Had a cracked radiator on my 09 300, the bike was only just over 6 months warranty (I mean only just), But still had to buy a new one, That's one of the reasons why I will never have a GG again, Got a Beta Evo now though, & the service I have recieved from John Lampkin & the team is unbelivable, They are honetly fantastic people, It's a pleasure to deal with them.

Just thought I'd state that fact in case anyone is thinking about buying a new GG or beta & wants to know what the Importers service is like.

Edited by GasGasben

I don't think it's fair to criticise any particular importer because I expect they all have their good and bad times however the back up is an important part of what you go with when you buy new bikes, whether that be the importer or your local dealer