What are the best boots?

fantic200

The new wulf sport (diadoras with a different badge on) ones are incredibly comfy but possibly a touch soft around the ankles.

Alpinestars have too thick sole for my liking, can't feel footpegs as well as with others.

Sidi Trials Zero are my choice. Last well, very comfy, good support.

The new wulf sport (diadoras with a different badge on) ones are incredibly comfy but possibly a touch soft around the ankles.

Alpinestars have too thick sole for my liking, can't feel footpegs as well as with others.

Sidi Trials Zero are my choice. Last well, very comfy, good support.

Amazing how people opinions differ. I have had 3 pair`s of Sidi Zero and find them to low on the shin (scar to prove) and the sole offered little grip, with an overall feeling like lead. They have an heel which i found it difficult to get my footing right on the pegs.

Sidi`s offer loads of grip and are like slippers with a flat sole which seems better for me at settling on the pegs.

is there a large differance between trials and motorcross boots? other than more grip on the sole?

Main differences are;

Flat grippy sole, Lighter weight and more flexible, more control for rear braking and moving your feet on the pegs.

I started trials using my old Alpinestar Tech8's. (live and learn) The next week I got some Trial boots and they are just the job! :thumbup:

Edited by RichT

is there a large differance between trials and motorcross boots? other than more grip on the sole?

Yes, there is a HUGE difference. Motocross boots are extremely stiff. Trials boots are flexible, allowing your ankles to move through the larger range of motion necessary for trials. Also, the soles are designed with walking the sections in mind, while motocross boots are all about being in the bike, and protection from a more dramatic crash. Trying to ride trials in motocross boots is a big mistake that can only be measured properly after you have experienced your first pair of trials boots.

Boots are like bikes in that everyone will have their preference. Been riding trials for 11 years now, and have only had Gaerne boots. While I can't offer a comparison opinion, the fact that after 11 years I have not had even the slightest desire to try another brand speaks volumes for their quality and comfort.

- Darrell

• 3 weeks later...