No Fajardo At Sheffield

Andy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge own goal for Ossa, Importer & dealers must be hugely dissapointed. Just the bike being ridden at this level may have generated sales, after all it has generated enough interest through out its developement..

1: that's a huge shame.

2: what a RIDICULOUS excuse.

Was really looking forward to seeing the Ossa. As for the excuse.... I've seen riders with printed sponsors labels sewn onto riding gear. I assume either for specific events or last minute sponsors.

Ossa - At least be honest guys. If you're not 100% with Fajardo's bike say so, don't offer bullcrap, easy fix excuses.

To be honest you've had MORE than enough time to get it ready but seriously, why make up tosh like that?

Ossa gone down in my estimation now

Or even more fundamental. The pro rider does not have the confidence in the equipment. Until 31st he was contracted to another manufacturer and will only have had limited time on the machine (although I am sure he was using one on the QT).

Better for Ossa would be to say that the new rider needed a little more time to adapt to the machine and its innovative characteristics prior to competing at the top level.

Edited by apexmetrology

Better for Ossa would be to say that the new rider needed a little more time to adapt to the machine and its innovative characteristics prior to competing at the top level.

If they had said that, i would have read between the lines that the bike was unrideable!!

There is a contractual issue with the Team's major sponsor that prevents Ossa from participating at Sheffield. (Would you risk loosing your major sponsor for a demonstration event or a non-world event)

There is a contractual issue with the Team's major sponsor that prevents Ossa from participating at Sheffield. (Would you risk loosing your major sponsor for a demonstration event or a non-world event)

Do you know this as fact?

Who is the teams major sponsor and for what reason would they not want to be seen and recognised in probably Ossa's 2nd biggest European market??

Seems VERY weird that as andyrothers pointed out they only just realised this?

This is taken directly from the email received by Neil Crosswaite and I have his permission to reproduce it:

The reason for which Ossa Racing Team will not attend the event on January 8th is:

1. Delay in the receipt of the official driving gear from our main sponsor Petromiralles, for contractual reasons this makes our participation impossible.

We hope that these acts of force majeure will not cause problems to the organization and conduct of the event.

I would have thought it was more important for the bike to be seen in it's second largest potential market than it was for a sponsor who is unknown in the UK to gain coverage at an event which is not a world championship event and is not being televised, but maybe that's just me... <_<

This is taken directly from the email received by Neil Crosswaite and I have his permission to reproduce it:

The reason for which Ossa Racing Team will not attend the event on January 8th is:

1. Delay in the receipt of the official driving gear from our main sponsor Petromiralles, for contractual reasons this makes our participation impossible.

We hope that these acts of force majeure will not cause problems to the organization and conduct of the event.

I would have thought it was more important for the bike to be seen in it's second largest potential market than it was for a sponsor who is unknown in the UK to gain coverage at an event which is not a world championship event and is not being televised, but maybe that's just me... <_<

Exactly Andy, The sponsor has not provided the gear and contractually is preventing Ossa's appearance. Too bad this was not posted to start this thread. Of course ossa wants to participate in Sheffield, but they are not allowed to to!!!

Exactly Andy, The sponsor has not provided the gear and contractually is preventing Ossa's appearance. Too bad this was not posted to start this thread. Of course ossa wants to participate in Sheffield, but they are not allowed to to!!!

Still don't buy it.

There must be hundreds of (MX pant & shirt) print shops throughout europe who could very quickly (hours) re-brand a set of vanilla riding gear in the relevant sponsors logo's....?

Maybe the revolutionary technology not tested (/ not robust) against the extreme nature of the indoor section?