No Fajardo At Sheffield

Andy

If the clothing makers are "pulling" rank I'd suspect they have scored a massive "own goal" Much as they are the major sponsors I cannot believe anybody will want to buy anything from a company who can pull a stunt like this. If this had been a round of the X series I suspect the FIM would have looked at this very dimly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While any reason will do just fine if you plan not to show up at the first round of a series championship. It seems that Mr. Fajardo has just lost his oppertunity for a fourth place or better finish repeat. I would think for him as a young up and coming rider in the world champ class He would definitly want to be riding the event. Personaly I questioned his logic for leaving Beta for an unproven bike company. Hopefully he didnt burn his ties to Beta should Ossa not be able to provide a bike for him. Missing the second round too would surley mean Mr. Fajardo will be riding the rest of the series for exibition.

Edited by Liviob

Missing the second round too would surley mean Mr. Fajardo will be riding the rest of the series for exibition.

Sounds like a plan,although sheffield is'nt a championship scorer,however if they manage to miss the first and maybe second championship scoror the bike or rider arn'nt under pressure to win,which will then leave ossa to promote a fun PR stunt for the rest of the championship.

Don't lets forget this new Ossa set up are a clever bunch of knobs,who realy knows what there motives are until they've pulled them off,and this is what makes Ossa such a fun team to follow.

My understanding is that if you are in the permanent list of riders you are in the whole thing. So I think he would be allowed in the rest of the championship even if he misses a round.

Fajardo has already ridden in the first round of the 2011 ITWC in Italy on the Beta.

Sheffield is not an ITWC round so he's not 'missing' anything here other than effectively a GREAT event and very good indoor practice against his main ITWC competition.

What is baffling though is that it appears Ossa have already said they will not be at the next round of the ITWC (I may have got this wring)which is not until February. This cannotbe a 'sponsor logo on clothing' issue and shouts out to me - BIG bike problems or BIG money problems.

Both seem a little bizarre as -

They have had at least a full year (and probably more) developing the bike and will no doubt have done indoor style section practice in Spain.

They 'appear' to be financially sound from what we see and hear (but who knows as we only see and hear what they want us to see and hear)

On the flip side, they say no publicity is bad publicity (not so sure I agree on that) and it has got lots of people talking about Ossa.

From Fajardo's point of view this could be catastrophic and a major blow at a very important career point. He needs to be riding at all indoor events he can (ITWC or otherwise) from a financial and riding viewpoint.

I expect (and hope) he knows a lot more than we do, but if they know well over a month in advance that they cannot make an ITWC round, where does this leave him both indoor and outdoor wise?

VERY ODD all round me thinks

The next round of the x-trial is on the 22nd of Jan which isnt that far away really.

Jeroni wont have had much time on the Ossa as the Spanish indoor series has been running nearly every week before xmas.

I heard that Diego Bosis had tested the bike in late summer and had said it was very underpowered.

Shame Jeroni isn't riding at Sheffield but its not the end of the world. Remember there is a world round in Fort William at the end of July where you could all see him.

I personally think that the bike is not ready for WTC yet and that is the main reason but as mentioned before the sponsors do hold the reins.

I just think that they dont want to look fools with a bike that isn't ready like when Doug, Fuji and Freixa had to ride uncompetitive 4RT's when they were launched in 2005. Cant really blame them for that with all the hype.

Ossa Factory press release

For the 2011 trial racing season Ossa Factory came to an agreement in late December 2010 with Petromiralles, who is the main sponsor for Ossa Racing Team (ORT) in 2011 and 2012.

Without this sponsor for 2011-2012 Ossa would not be able to compete in world indoor and outdoor championships and run there rider Jeroni Fajardo and the race team.

Contractual agreements start with the official team presentation and Marseille indoor on the 22nd January 2011 being the first official competition with machine and rider in Petromiralles

The official Team presentation was scheduled for 1st week of January, but due to problems in delivery for the riding gear this has been postponed, it is now set for the 20th of January in Barcelona.

We had hoped to have everything in place for the Sheffield indoor on the 8th January 2011 for Jeroni to compete and debut the new Ossa TR280i.

This was not possible and out of the Ossa Factory's Control, we could not jeopardize our agreement with main sponsor Petromirelles,

We apologies to Avondale Management, (Sheffield indoor), and all ticket holders.

Joan Gurt Maynou

General manager Ossa Factory

Contractual agreements start with the official team presentation and Marseille indoor on the 22nd January 2011 being the first official competition with machine and rider in Petromiralles

So there is no contractual agreement till 22nd January then? :rolleyes:

Ossa Factory press release

For the 2011 trial racing season Ossa Factory came to an agreement in late December 2010 with Petromiralles, who is the main sponsor for Ossa Racing Team (ORT) in 2011 and 2012.

Without this sponsor for 2011-2012 Ossa would not be able to compete in world indoor and outdoor championships and run there rider Jeroni Fajardo and the race team.

The official Team presentation was scheduled for 1st week of January, but due to problems in delivery for the riding gear this has been postponed, it is now set for the 20th of January in Barcelona.

We had hoped to have everything in place for the Sheffield indoor on the 8th January 2011 for Jeroni to compete and debut the new Ossa TR280i.

This was not possible and out of the Ossa Factory's Control, we could not jeopardize our agreement with main sponsor Petromirelles,

We apologies to Avondale Management, (Sheffield indoor), and all ticket holders.

Joan Gurt Maynou

General manager Ossa Factory

I can't believe there is anything to be gained by not being at sheffield, its a spanish company delivering petrol to spanish, whats the big deal?

its smoke and mirrors not clothing or contracts that is bullsht.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I just hope Borus, has better luck than he did with that other fine new production machine he imported, I would be crapping mi sen wondering, all credit to him for being so positive on an unknown.

As per what Andy says - contract does not start till 22nd Jan.....

Errrr contradiction!

As I read it that sounds like new sponsor doesn't want Ossa Racing Team being at a major event until new deal starts. Fair enough so what's with all the BS about riding gear etc??

However as mentioned Spanish company and Sheffield not being televised or part of ITWC.

Might be my suspicious mind but both statements do not add up or even say the same thing. Weird still

Living in the U.S. I dont always hear how the trials scene plays out in Europe. I thought that the Sheffield event was the first round of the WITC. Hopefully Ossa and Mr. Fajardo will make it to the second round. I think that their are many people who would like to see him ride the bike in the company of other champ class riders. Best of luck To Mr. Fajardo and Ossa.

I just hope Borus, has better luck than he did with that other fine new production machine he imported, I would be crapping mi sen wondering, all credit to him for being so positive on an unknown.

To this guy that doesn't know me - I'm honoured to be associated with Ossa, they have an outstanding product, I never wonder about anything in business, there is something called due diligence, you are off topic

Hi Guy's

Look it will be paper contracts that is the problem.

If you have had any dealings with comercial law, you will know what I mean.

And until everyone is happy, nothing gets signed.

So you will all have to be patient until the problem is sorted, Good luck to Ossa.

Regards Charlie.