Front aux tank yes or no?

mexmex

Well done MexMex, you listened to reason, fit approved Hebo tank across the forks, make sure it doesn't snag anything, remember the SSDT racing plate will have to be fitted in front of your tank after signing in on the Sunday. My son has ridden the SSDT twice with Hebo tanks fitted, no problems, but he did not link it in to main tank, he kept it only as reserve and emptied it by tubing when his tank got low. Army were happy to fill it up and not worry about taking it apart which saves time too.

Best of luck in the 100th edition of the greatest trial on the planet!

Lastly, watch out for the guy who interviews riders for the radio station, I believe he asks difficult questions!

Big John

I'm renting the bike with Lampkin, so I guess the tank installation will be perfect. As I have it now, I connected it directly to the vent of the main tank, that way I don't need to bother disconnecting it and even better, it get relatively fast empty and the bike is back to normal.

Any question in Scottish-English will be difficult for me even if they will only asking what the time is!!! :D :D :D

Cheers :beer:

I'm renting the bike with Lampkin, so I guess the tank installation will be perfect. As I have it now, I connected it directly to the vent of the main tank, that way I don't need to bother disconnecting it and even better, it get relatively fast empty and the bike is back to normal.

Any question in Scottish-English will be difficult for me even if they will only asking what the time is!!! :D :D :D

Cheers :beer:

Your riding buddy (i.e. those around you every day) will usually help out a little if you don't know the language, don't worry too much about that!

Big John

Have you never read a scientific paper? the whole basis of science is that someone has an idea and everybody else tries to prove them wrong. if the idea stands up to the test then it probably correct.

Never confuse the laws of nature with the laws of man.

• Like 1

Never confuse the laws of nature with the laws of man.

What I hear that is BJ's shed. Bikes go in, and are never seen again! Black Hole!

Heard he got a "fogging" setup for to wd 40 the entire thing! Labor saving over polishing parts!

Can I just ask why it is that the club are called upon to justify every rule in the regs (yes you know who you are)? Everyone knows the rules when they send in their entries, if they're not happy about whatever, let someone else take their place! That goes for the p65 as well, remember everyone involved is giving up their own time at their own expense to run these events. Mini rant over.

¡Vivan los 6 Dias!

Because there are too many people out there who feel their omission is cause to whine and complain or they just can't handle a day without whining about something!!

The Rules - if you don't like whats in the Trials Regs, DON'T ENTER

Trial is too hard - If you can't handle it, DON'T ENTER

The Ballot - if you don't like it DON'T ENTER

It's in Scotland - if you don't like it DON'T ENTER (the SSDT and Pre 65 committees are not sponsored by Visit Scotland)

It's always my view that 95% of the whines and whinges are motivated by sour grapes, especially the Pre'65. These two trials are the best there is in their respective categories and people want to ride but if you can't accept the rules the club lays down then tough sh!t, get off the respective organisers back, they are not the problem the whingers are!

Edited by Slapshot 3
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

What I hear that is BJ's shed. Bikes go in, and are never seen again! Black Hole!

Not quite true, bikes do go in and come out again, but its all done very secretly and few are ever sold!

No condensation in the batcave, which is a must for preservation!

Big John

Off topic but why are Scottish people so touchy and oversensative ? :wacko:

We're not and you know that, what irks me is what I've written above, people spend a lot of time putting on two of the best events on the planet yet our keyboard warriors see the need to rip the trials and everything about them apart, completely unnecessarily.

How pi55ed of do you get Paul if someone rips your wee club trials apart, too hard too easy, rules are rubbish......any of the garbage that gets spouted on here, multiply that to the level of these international events and put yourself in their shoes.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

We're not and you know that, what irks me is what I've written above, people spend a lot of time putting on two of the best events on the planet yet our keyboard warriors see the need to rip the trials and everything about them apart, completely unnecessarily.

How pi55ed of do you get Paul if someone rips your wee club trials apart, too hard too easy, rules are rubbish......any of the garbage that gets spouted on here, multiply that to the level of these international events and put yourself in their shoes.

Don't really bother me if they moan or not. Try to listen to them all and filter out the salient points cos it's always good to see the other guys point of view. Some things, quite a lot acksherly, have changed and are in the process of changing at our "wee club trials" all because of things that have been said and overheard and hopefully it will make us a better club cos it's too easy sometimes to widthdraw into your own little cave and think my way is the only way. Just my point of view. I take the viewpoint that it's the riders club not my club. I'm just the caretaker for the moment. I know there is a massive difference in scale but i still dont get why everybody north of the boarder seem so sensitive and, to me, overprotective of the scottish. Not trying to slag it off at all. I recognise that the SSDT and possibly the Pre65 are the two premier events in the UK but it's just a point of view. Heat, kitchen etc etc.

Look doesnt matter anyway cos they will both always be oversubscribed anyway so if the organisers said everybody had to wear squeaky red noses and recite rabi burns as they ride the section it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference.

OOOOOH i am getting unpopular with my reputation score soon to overtake Gadaffi's

• Dislike 3